Emby Server Crash - Windows

Cybergy

Cybergy

I was checking out a few channels after editing my EPG, and all was well until I selected a channel and an error suggested "a tuner may not be available"/

The server console had a popup saying emby crashed;

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: EmbyServer.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 5b36974f
  Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.24168
  Fault Module Timestamp: 5b1aa77b
  Exception Code: e0434352
  Exception Offset: 0000845d
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-6b4c23e7-63b9-48c7-91a5-85e1741dfed6.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-6e81b755-8e3e-4e82-9d17-aa486b8d30b6.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-95c1926e-99e5-4251-8d3b-f0afd5fb13d2.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-391ccb81-37fa-462c-8f1f-698906bfd7ad.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-0423a450-bed3-4977-a6a3-d574c4e9222f.txt

Cybergy

This was all I could find;

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  .NET Runtime 

- EventID 1026 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 0 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2018-07-27T21:57:57.000000000Z 

EventRecordID 812 

Channel Application 

Computer Geexbox-PC 

Security 

- EventData 

Application: EmbyServer.exe CoreCLR Version: 4.6.26628.5 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Global\{6fee10bf020aa5c64035b17e8a4f9566}' is denied. at System.Threading.Mutex.CreateMutexCore(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name, Boolean& createdNew) at EmbyServer.Program.Main(String[] args) at EmbyServer.Program.<Main>(String[] args)  

That's very strange. I haven't seen that before, but that error should be easy to trap and prevent from crashing. In terms of what you can do right now that might help, can you try rebooting your machine?

Cybergy

Yes, I actually reboot it all the time Luke. For whatever reason, when I watch live TV on Emby something always goes wrong and it doesn't seem to get better without a reboot.

I have been using Emby to grab some scheduled recordings after I go to bed and that works well.

When I watch live TV I'm just using my provider's app (no recording or ability to edit m3u) and it works ok.

Edited by Cybergy

It's really odd because that particular error is something you'd see on server startup, not in the middle of use.

In any event, I will have that error trapped for the next beta release if you'd like to try that. Hopefully I'll have it up in the next few days. Thanks.

Cybergy

Sure I’ll give it a try Luke. I like the app and I’d really like to see it work properly for me.

I’ll keep an eye out for the release.

Cybergy

Another couple of errors this morning.  Emby server crashed.  I was only opening the client app on android, not watching tv, recording, etc.

Event viewer details;

Faulting application name: EmbyServer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b36974f
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24168, time stamp: 0x5b1aa77b
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000845d
Faulting process id: 0x890
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4274048591226
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Geexbox\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 8ad74292-9333-11e8-b4e9-0022641f691c

===========================
Application: EmbyServer.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.6.26628.5
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Global\{6fee10bf020aa5c64035b17e8a4f9566}' is denied.
   at System.Threading.Mutex.CreateMutexCore(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name, Boolean& createdNew)
   at EmbyServer.Program.Main(String[] args)
   at EmbyServer.Program.<Main>(String[] args)

Yea that's the same thing from the other day. I will have that error trapped for the next beta release if you'd like to try that. Hopefully I'll have it up in the next few days. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Cybergy

This may be unrelated to the error - but I just realized after installing Emby as a service a few days ago, I still had "run server at startup enabled" which certainly causes an Emby crash.

That explains the error I was seeing on the server desktop, but I don't think it explains the first instance above.

Edited by Cybergy

Cybergy

Installing the upgrade produced an error - is this related?

5b5f606a1396d_Capture.jpg

The user account is in the admin group btw

Edited by Cybergy

Something is holding a lock on that folder. Try rebooting your machine and then installing from the website. Thanks.

Cybergy

My thoughts too so I had rebooted and installed again - It did work this time.

The access denied error showed up in the logs above as well - "Access to the path 'Global\{6fee10bf020aa5c64035b17e8a4f9566}' is denied".  Could there be some kind of file lock thing going on inside the app?

This is a clean install on Windows 7 btw.  Nothing else running but windows media player (sometimes) and antivirus.

Edited by Cybergy

"Access to the path 'Global\{6fee10bf020aa5c64035b17e8a4f9566}' is denied".  Could there be some kind of file lock thing going on inside the app?

You're the only person I've ever seen this with on windows before so as of now i don't know the reason. But we're catching it and continuing forward so that allows the server to load.

maegibbons

What AV?  Coiuld be holding a lock as part of a real-time scan.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Next time you update.  Might be worth turning it off.

krs

Mark

Cybergy

I disabled the server service just to simplify things. 

Roughly at 19:55 I started the Emby Server, chose a channel through the browser and it started to play.  I stopped the channel (went back to home) and moved to the living room.  19:57 I opened the Emby app on android TV and selected a channel to watch.  I got the error that there may not be a tuner available.

emby error - 2018-07-30.txt

This server log looks OK in regards to playback of live tv. If it happens again then please attach the complete log file rather than a snippet, and then also submit an in-app log from the android tv app. You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

@@ebr will then review.

Thanks.

Cybergy

Ok.  You asked for relevant logs last time I asked what you wanted so I gave you the only details available at the time of the issue.  I'll upload the whole thing next time.

Cybergy

I had a look at the link you posted.  It's a bit vague on versions and "settings".  I assume for an android TV I should not be using Emby for android, but rather Emby for android tv.  

Also the send logs is not found under "settings" as the instructions link suggests.  I can be found in Emby>Options>App Settings>General Display>Debug.  I already had a send logs tile under Emby>Options however, which appears to be the same thing.  I may have posted my logs twice as a result.