Server 3.5.1update

Everbrave

Everbrave

Unchecking tvdb is persistent. Just tested it, no problem found.

Probably because I made the change whilst scanning.

Everbrave

The Community download server is still painfully slow; is there another place to download the Synology Emby server package?

Everbrave

It took 58min to download and install!

I added the Movie Library first (Two Folders) and waited until it has finished scanning. Then installed the TV Shows Library (Two folders); I unchecked TVDB and am using TheMovieDM exclusively. It is taking long to complete a first scan; now at 92.3%, but it seems to work properly.

Next, I intend to install the BoxSet Plug-in; I hope this will not cause any problems.

Everbrave

I apologize for the long download.

Not at all; a faster download server is for sure welcomed; the download of Windows version can also become very slow at times; thank you for your support :)

I re-checked TVDB (in addition to The MovieDB) and installed the BoxSet plug-in; all working fine!

I guess, the prior update/installation got messed up some how.

Edited by Everbrave

Thanks for the feedback. Windows downloads are hosted on github. I would have thought they'd be fast enough.

Everbrave

Thanks for the feedback. Windows downloads are hosted on github. I would have thought they'd be fast enough.

sometimes they are but often they aren't.

solabc16

Hello All

Just for future reference, there is usually a short delay between the release being made and them being packaged for the Synology/XPEnology platform.

However, we do also test them and in this instance there was a problem with the original release.

If we'd release it direct to the stable channel, you would certainly have had a pretty bad experience and I suspect it would have got a little noisy on here.

We do try to minimise the delay, but you are getting a packaged and tested release which is currently tested across 26 Synology/XPEnology architectures.

With regard to download speed, there is always the potential for localised congestion on occasion; however with the testing we undertake, no release should ever be 'urgent'.

I've mentioned elsewhere that Package Center on DSM 6.2 still has a few quirks and often displays erroneous messages, such as 'Install' after a package has been upgraded or stopped; instead of 'Running' or 'Stopped'. It also doesn't appear to have any protection against being clicked more than once, resulting in unexpected behaviours - so all I can advise is be cautious and take a look at the Synology forums for related posts or raise the issue yourself. See https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60149-package-center-emby-updates-fail-after-latest-dsm-62-update/?p=594155

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16