Server 3.5.1update

Everbrave

Everbrave

DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2

Server update 3.5.1 shows-up on the Dashboard but not in the Package Center.

Any advice?

Thanks

majorsl

Not very helpful, but mine told me there was a new version in the dashboard almost 48 hours ago.  It just showed up some time in the past 7 hours in Package Center for me.

Everbrave

Not very helpful, but mine told me there was a new version in the dashboard almost 48 hours ago.  It just showed up some time in the past 7 hours in Package Center for me.

Yes, in fact I waited a long time before I posted here; still not showing-up for me in the package center!

EDIT: Now it did show-up :)

Edited by Everbrave

Sven

It's checking the "normal" version. Not the one for the Synology. So it will take always a little bit time to get the latest version on your NAS....

Everbrave

after showing-up, it fails to update or to start the installed previous version!

EDIT: I uninstalled the server, downloading it again but it is taking ages to download (not my network; I'm running 500Mbit/sec).

Edited by Everbrave

Sven

No problem at my side, installed it also.... Do you get some logging information from your synology 

Everbrave

No

No problem at my side, installed it also.... Do you get some logging information from your synology

After a long download time, it installed but alle the configurations have been deleted as well; Windows version asks before it deletes the metadata, plugins, etc., so I had to set it up from scratch; quite annoying of course. Now, I will again have to identify all the unidentied media; especially the TV Shows!

Everbrave

You said you uninstalled so that's probably why you lost configuration.

Yes, I had to; but I wished it would behave like the Wimdows version which asks you before installation whether you want to keep the configuration.

Burrito78

Update went without problems for me. 

Lately it's been that the Synology Package Center version is released very quickly! Usually within a few hours to a day later than the normal version, which is nice.

Everbrave

Update went without problems for me. 

Lately it's been that the Synology Package Center version is released very quickly! Usually within a few hours to a day later than the normal version, which is nice.

Probably, I was impatient and the download/update went very long. In contrast to fresh download, the update process doesn’t show a progress indication (just updating).

Everbrave

Synology DS918+

DSM 6.2

Compared to the previous version, 3.5.1 is extremely slow in media scanning, meta media download, browsing and even switching from media view to Dashboard.

It drove me so far that I removed the libraries and started adding one by one; creeping slow!

Anyone experiencing the same performance?

Edited by Everbrave

Compared to the previous version, 3.5.1 is extremely slow in media scanning, meta media download, browsing and even switching from media view to Dashboard.

I drove me so far that I removed the libraries and started adding one by one; creeping slow!

Anyone experiencing the same performance?

Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

There's lots of requests to tvdb that are timing out and failing. could they be blocking you for some reason?

Everbrave

There's lots of requests to tvdb that are timing out and failing. could they be blocking you for some reason?

I will try to unselect the tvdb; may be their server is down!

Well it's up for me, so that's why I'm asking if maybe they're geoblocking you, or blocking you personally for whatever reason.

Everbrave

Well it's up for me, so that's why I'm asking if maybe they're geoblocking you, or blocking you personally for whatever reason.

Unchecking TVDB is not persistent, it returns once I leave the library configuration. On my Windows server, TVDB is also used, so it seems something different. I will try changing the country (Switzerland).

Everbrave

I uninstalled Emby server, restarted the NAS and reinstalling again from scratch; will report back :(

I think either tvdb is blocking you, or you have a network configuration problem on your Synology box.

Everbrave

after 45min, only 58% were downloaded (my connection is 500Mbit/sec); so I cancelled and will try later!

Everbrave

I think either tvdb is blocking you, or you have a network configuration problem on your Synology box.

I didn't change any thing on my Synology and the previous version was working fine.