Kodi 18 alpha 1 & Emby for Kodi artwork problem

jachin99
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

jachin99

I'm on the latest emby server, Kodi 18 alpha1, and emby for kodi beta using the default skin.  My problem is that kodi consistently picks up artwork for some movies while missing others, or cover art more specifically.  I have tried resetting the kodi database, etc. to no avail.  The same artwork is always missing.   What can I do to troubleshoot this.  i am using the addon method of connecting.  Thank you.

• Solution
Angelblue05

Does the artwork display in the webclient? Are you running out of space where Kodi is installed? May be an issue with using cover art. You can try disabling cover art in Kodi (in the add-on settings > extras > disable enhanced images). Then you can try to edit metadata for the item in the webclient. Kodi should receive the update and will also look to update your artwork. If artwork then shows up, you know it's something about cover art.

• Like 1

jachin99

I disabled enhanced images, and rebuilt the library.  For Movies, I get 99 percent of my coverart now.  Do the enhanced images just apply changes that the emby coverart plugin applies?  Thanks for the help.  

Angelblue05

Hmm. Wait, say what now?

When disabling the setting in the add-on, it appends "EnableImageEnhancers=false" to your artwork url. This disables cover art (the image overlay provided by the server plugin) when retrieving the artwork from your server.

Edited by Angelblue05