384 replies to this topic

#381 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121625 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 AM

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:17 PM

When I follow the instructions to install Emby server 3.6 beta, the installer grabs the files fine, but in the end just installs 3.5. I need 3.6 to be installed do to a stream error 3.5 throws at me when playing media

What instructions are you using?

#382 jjnova OFFLINE  

jjnova

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 05:47 AM

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

I know  I am replying to a thread that's months old, but I wanted to comment that  the below helped me immensely. It was a pain to find out why videos weren't playing (FreeNAS11.2-STABLE) and eventually I found in the logs that ffprobe was failing, and it was related to "libx264.so.152 not found".

I didn't use the exact link below since there have been beta updates since then, but if anyone else stumbles across the problem with their FreeNas version of Emby not playing movies  or video  (music sometimes worked, and pictures worked), I recommend figuring out how to access the jails shell and updating to a beta release. I used https://github.com/M....0.83_amd64.txz

and while you are add it update to the newest beta it works flawelessly

service emby-server stop
pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/3.6.0.55/emby-server-freebsd_3.6.0.55_amd64.txz
service emby-server start

Thanks constrict

#383 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121625 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback and I apologize for the difficulty. We will have a new stable release very soon that hopefully should not have any more dependency conflicts. Thanks.

#384 Vidman OFFLINE  

Vidman

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2626 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 PM

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:55 PM

I can't wait to try out all these great new features and fixes in emby 4!
What is the best way to upgrade from the last stable release for freeNAS?

#385 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121625 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

For now it will have to be manual. We should have 4.0 submitted to freebsd ports by the weekend. Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users