• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#341 Townsey OFFLINE  

Townsey

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Local time: 08:13 PM

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:45 PM

Have you tried downloading subtitles manually?

Meaning if I go to Open Subtitles and log in and download an .SRT file then yes that works fine

#342 Townsey OFFLINE  

Townsey

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:49 PM

Is there a problem with my interface language being English and everything else in English but wanting subtitles downloaded in Danish?

Maybe that combination does not work......

#343 makarai OFFLINE  

makarai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:46 AM

Is there a problem with my interface language being English and everything else in English but wanting subtitles downloaded in Danish?
Maybe that combination does not work......

Manual download for single movie or series from emby, click movie , click 3 dots, click edit subtitles, select Danish, click search button, click download.

Besides selecting the download provider, you need to check some subtitle settings, click server dashboard, click libraries, select settings for libraries, select advanced, select subtitles.

Also can you post your exact installation command

Edited by makarai, 08 December 2018 - 04:31 AM.

#344 Townsey OFFLINE  

Townsey

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:46 AM

Manual download for single movie or series from emby, click movie , click 3 dots, click edit subtitles, select Danish, click search button, click download.

Besides selecting the download provider, you need to check some subtitle settings, click server dashboard, click libraries, select settings for libraries, select advanced, select subtitles.

Also can you post your exact installation command

Ok manual download does not work the circle just keeps going round and round an then presumably times out.

Settings in advanced just Danish is selected from the list

Subtitle Downloads
Download languages:
AfarAbkhazianAfrikaansAkanAlbanianAmharicArabicAragoneseArmenianAssameseAvaricAvestanAymaraAzerbaijaniBashkirBambaraBasqueBelarusianBengaliBihari languagesBislamaBosnianBretonBulgarianBurmeseCatalan; ValencianChamorroChechenChineseChurch Slavic; Old Slavonic; Church Slavonic; Old Bulgarian; Old Church SlavonicChuvashCornishCorsicanCreeCzechDanishDivehi; Dhivehi; MaldivianDutch; FlemishDzongkhaEnglishEsperantoEstonianEweFaroeseFijianFinnishFrenchFrench (Canada)Western FrisianFulahGeorgianGermanGaelic; Scottish GaelicIrishGalicianManxGreek, Modern (1453-)GuaraniGujaratiHaitian; Haitian CreoleHausaHebrewHereroHindiHiri MotuCroatianHungarianIgboIcelandicIdoSichuan Yi; NuosuInuktitutInterlingue; OccidentalInterlingua (International Auxiliary Language Association)IndonesianInupiaqItalianJavaneseJapaneseKalaallisut; GreenlandicKannadaKashmiriKanuriKazakhCentral KhmerKikuyu; GikuyuKinyarwandaKirghiz; KyrgyzKomiKongoKoreanKuanyama; KwanyamaKurdishLaoLatinLatvianLimburgan; Limburger; LimburgishLingalaLithuanianLuxembourgish; LetzeburgeschLuba-KatangaGandaMacedonianMarshalleseMalayalamMaoriMarathiMalayMalagasyMalteseMongolianNauruNavajo; NavahoNdebele, South; South NdebeleNdebele, North; North NdebeleNdongaNepaliNorwegian Nynorsk; Nynorsk, NorwegianBokmål, Norwegian; Norwegian BokmålNorwegianChichewa; Chewa; NyanjaOccitan (post 1500); ProvençalOjibwaOriyaOromoOssetian; OsseticPanjabi; PunjabiPersianPaliPolishPortuguesePortuguese (Brazil)Pushto; PashtoQuechuaRomanshRomanian; Moldavian; MoldovanRundiRussianSangoSanskritSinhala; SinhaleseSlovakSlovenianNorthern SamiSamoanShonaSindhiSomaliSotho, SouthernSpanish; CastilianSardinianSerbianSwatiSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTahitianTamilTatarTeluguTajikTagalogThaiTibetanTigrinyaTonga (Tonga Islands)TswanaTsongaTurkmenTurkishTwiUighur; UyghurUkrainianUrduUzbekVendaVietnameseVolapükWelshWalloonWolofXhosaYiddishYorubaZhuang; ChuangZulu

Subtitle downloaders:
Open Subtitles
You'll need to configure Open Subtitles account information on the Open Subtitles configuration screen in the Emby Server dashboard.
Enable and rank your preferred subtitle downloaders in order of priority.
Only download subtitles that are a perfect match for my video files
Requiring a perfect match will filter subtitles to include only those that have been tested and verified with your exact video file. Unticking this will increase the likelihood of subtitles being downloaded and will increase the chances of mistimed or incorrect subtitle text.
Skip if the default audio track matches the download language
Untick this to ensure all videos have subtitles, regardless of audio language.
Skip if the video already contains embedded subtitles
Keeping text versions of subtitles will result in more efficient delivery and decrease the likelihood of video transcoding.
Save subtitles into media folders
Storing subtitles next to video files will allow them to be more easily managed.

Your last question I do not understand "exact installation command"

Attached is log since bootup this morning

Attached Files

#345 makarai OFFLINE  

makarai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:17 AM

Probably network config of the jail misconfigured, can you download a single image for a movie or tvshow? how did you install your jail?

I recommend: delete your jail!

open the shell and type the 3 easy commands, that takes care of most of it.

cd /tmp
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bott0r/iocage-plugin-emby/beta/emby-server-beta.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes allow_raw_sockets=1 -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'master'

Edited by makarai, 11 December 2018 - 02:29 AM.

#346 Townsey OFFLINE  

Townsey

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:34 AM

Probably network config of the jail misconfigured, can you download a single image for a movie or tvshow? how did you install your jail?

cd /tmp
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bott0r/iocage-plugin-emby-beta/master/emby-server-beta.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes allow_raw_sockets=1 -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'master'

No I cannot download a single image the same happens as the subtitle circle just goes around. I can ping opensubtitles.org from the FreeNas shell.

I installed the jail a few days ago with you guidance from the command line as suggested above.

Its not a big job so will do as you suggest and reinstall the jail from scratch. I have notice prodding around that my storage has folders beginning with capital letters and have read somewhere that it is advisable to use only lower case I wonder if that could be a problem that no log file is picking up.

I am being dragged away so this will all happen later on in the day, in the mean time thank you for your advice and pointers  :)

#347 makarai OFFLINE  

makarai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:40 AM

cd /tmp
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bott0r/iocage-plugin-emby/beta/emby-server-beta.json

No I cannot download a single image the same happens as the subtitle circle just goes around. I can ping opensubtitles.org from the FreeNas shell.

I installed the jail a few days ago with you guidance from the command line as suggested above.

Its not a big job so will do as you suggest and reinstall the jail from scratch. I have notice prodding around that my storage has folders beginning with capital letters and have read somewhere that it is advisable to use only lower case I wonder if that could be a problem that no log file is picking up.

I am being dragged away so this will all happen later on in the day, in the mean time thank you for your advice and pointers  :)

Hi, i am wondering, how do you mount your storage, what is the user (UID)  that owns the movies/folders and so on, i am guessing it's a simple ownership issue, which is an easy fix

Edited by makarai, 11 December 2018 - 02:27 AM.

#348 makarai OFFLINE  

makarai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:48 AM

Simple: 

Open your FreeNAS GUI -> Accounts -> Users ( click on the user that owns your datasets)  -> click edit -> read number UserID (take a note)

Go to Jail tab -> click 3 dots -> open shell -> greeted by shell -> root@emby-server-beta75: -> navigate to your multimedia mounts cd /multimedia01 (for me) enter

-> type ls -al enter

read who owns the files (most likely same user you noted earlier)

Type: the following and replace 1101 (my user UI) with your user ID (most likely just 1000) restart emby jail retry

iocage console emby-server-beta
service emby-server stop
pw groupmod emby -n emby -g 1101
pw usermod emby -n emby -u 1101 -g 1101
chown -R emby:emby /var/db/emby(hit tab)
sysrc 'emby_server_user=emby'
service emby-server start

#349 Barlog9511 OFFLINE  

Barlog9511

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:28 PM

Hi @Luke and @makarai

I try a fresh install of version 3.6.0.75-beta in my clean install if FreeNAS 11.2 Release version,

the installation process and overall running looks good 

I have the problem with FanArt images; I don't know if this is Emby problem or FanArt but looks like doesn't work at all

example of image URL http://assets.fanart...7dfb05245ac.jpg

#350 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121600 posts
  • Local time: 03:13 PM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:39 PM

Hi @Luke and @makarai

I try a fresh install of version 3.6.0.75-beta in my clean install if FreeNAS 11.2 Release version,

the installation process and overall running looks good 

I have the problem with FanArt images; I don't know if this is Emby problem or FanArt but looks like doesn't work at all

example of image URL http://assets.fanart...7dfb05245ac.jpg

https://emby.media/c...v-image-issues/

#351 Townsey OFFLINE  

Townsey

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

Hi @Luke and @makarai

Ok an update to my problem earlier.

I have updated (a full clean install) of FreeNas to the release version of 11.2.

Installed Emby as per instructions an all is well and Fanart etc is downloaded fine.

Subtitles is another issue and it looks like Denmark is blocking downloads from opensubtitles.org

You can connect view and list etc but when you try to download direct it is blocked.

So not an Emby issue it looks like our government does not think its legal in their eyes.

So thanks for your help and advice Emby works fine except for the subtitles as described above.

Have a good weekend.

Edited by Townsey, 08 December 2018 - 06:06 PM.

• Baenwort likes this

#352 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121600 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

Interesting info, thanks for the feedback !

#353 makarai OFFLINE  

makarai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:46 PM

Hi @Luke and @makarai

Ok an update to my problem earlier.

I have updated (a full clean install) of FreeNas to the release version of 11.2.

Installed Emby as per instructions an all is well and Fanart etc is downloaded fine.

Subtitles is another issue and it looks like Denmark is blocking downloads from opensubtitles.org

You can connect view and list etc but when you try to download direct it is blocked.

So not an Emby issue it looks like our government does not think its legal in their eyes.

So thanks for your help and advice Emby works fine except for the subtitles as described above.

Have a good weekend.

The danish goverment blocking the download from a specific site ? u sure ?

#354 Townsey OFFLINE  

Townsey

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

The danish goverment blocking the download from a specific site ? u sure ?

Yup works fine if you hide, not going to do that for that for Emby

Edited by Townsey, 08 December 2018 - 07:01 PM.

#355 Eddie OFFLINE  

Eddie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Local time: 02:13 PM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:22 PM

Where do the new packages for freenas 11.2 come from.... are they being maintained along with all the other platforms or do you have to do extra work to get it to work on freenas 11.2 like it was with 11.1 and before

#356 makarai OFFLINE  

makarai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:30 PM

Where do the new packages for freenas 11.2 come from.... are they being maintained along with all the other platforms or do you have to do extra work to get it to work on freenas 11.2 like it was with 11.1 and before

The Plugin part from freenas is not maintained. If you like to check whats up with emby you should check this

https://github.com/M...leases/releases

If you want to install the recent version withing the iocage system (will be displayed in the gui) just try this

cd /tmp

It'll install the latest version of emby to the stable freenas 11.2 (stable) in under 3 minutes

Edited by makarai, 11 December 2018 - 02:26 AM.

#357 Eddie OFFLINE  

Eddie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Local time: 02:13 PM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

Ty for the reply

And who is maintaining this software?
Is this official emby team or another person donating time for the project?

#358 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121600 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:38 PM

Ty for the reply

And who is maintaining this software?
Is this official emby team or another person donating time for the project?

I would instead use the instructions in the first post. It is officially maintained by us and will give you the latest stable release, rather than a beta.

Following the Emby Server 3.6 stable release, we will look to get the freenas catalog updated and take over ownership of it. Thanks !

#359 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121600 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:39 PM

@makarai, just to make sure users get the right package that they're looking for, I would suggest only steering them towards your beta packages once we know they actually want the beta server. Most probably just want stable and they're not sure how to install it right now. Thanks !

#360 someperson OFFLINE  

someperson

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 01:13 PM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:41 PM

I've had Emby installed from the rather old Emby 3.3.1.0 plugin included with FreeNAS 11.1 for a while, and finally got around to upgrading everything today. I used the Backup plugin to create a backup of Emby's configuration, upgraded FreeNAS to 11.2, and tried to use the steps in the first post to get a jail set up with the newest version of Emby. I got the Backup plugin installed on this new Emby instance, but there's a problem: the page to restore the backup is failing to load properly. I just get a never-ending spinny wheel, where there should be options to select what I want to restore. This happens in all browsers, and I don't think it's a problem with the backup itself because the restore page loads fine on my old Emby instance (I've kept it around for now, just in case). What should I do?

Edited by someperson, 08 December 2018 - 10:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users