CoverArt Changes?

kingy444

Guest asrequested

Sorry, what is the issue in that screenshot?

One is 4k and all the others are codec. In the plugin, I've selected 4k. They all used to be 4k. But suddenly all but one are codec.

Guest asrequested

Can you try refreshing the hevc titles? thanks.

As it's the entire library, I refreshed at that level, and scanned the library....several times. No change.

Refreshing a single title, corrects it. Do I have to refresh one at a time? That'll be a pain.

Refreshing from the library will work, it's just that it will take a little time and you can't see what's being refreshed other than watching the log file. That may lead you into thinking that it's not working.

Guest asrequested

Refreshing from the library will work, it's just that it will take a little time and you can't see what's being refreshed other than watching the log file. That may lead you into thinking that it's not working.

There are 31 titles. None of them are changing when I refresh at the library level. If I refresh a single title, it changes right after the scan. I can't imagine that it would take that long for the whole library? I guess I'll multi-selecting them all and refresh, that way....

UPDATE:

That worked

Edited by Doofus

kingy444

Now I have to do that with the thousand movies in my main library  :wacko:  :blink:

just do it from the collection level and it flows down to all the children items

Guest asrequested

just do it from the collection level and it flows down to all the children items

Most of them aren't in collections. I'm having to replace all metadata  :wacko:

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Now I have a bunch with no covers at all.

And they are all in the first 100

Edited by Doofus

kingy444

Now I have a bunch with no covers at all.

Give it time to search for metadata - depending on the size of your library it can take a while 8-10 hours even for a large library

by collection i mean the very top level folder ie 'TV', 'Movies' or if you dont group by that just whatever the name of the library you imported is. Essentially its a single refresh per library.

The images that are not there will be a result of downloading a new cover - they will repopulate

Guest asrequested

If you read what I said, refreshing at the library level, doesn't do anything at all. And I'm well aware of how the scanning works, and giving it time. But it's definitely failing. Even using identify wasn't sticking. It was downloading the image, then it would disappear. 

The images that are not there will be a result of downloading a new cover - they will repopulate

Nope! they aren't. 

I know what I'm doing.

Good day,

Yes, same issue even before the 3.5 beta build, I tried everything, nothing seem to work, i ending doing more profiles than I like, I reported this at the dev forum.

Something change for sure.

My best

If you read what I said, refreshing at the library level, doesn't do anything at all. 

The default refresh mode for refreshing at the library level and refreshing an individual item is different.  On a library, it defaults to just look for new stuff (basically a library scan).

So, you would need to change the option in the dropdown to "Replace all metadata" when you do it on the library.  Did you do that?

Guest asrequested

The default refresh mode for refreshing at the library level and refreshing an individual item is different.  On a library, it defaults to just look for new stuff (basically a library scan).

So, you would need to change the option in the dropdown to "Replace all metadata" when you do it on the library.  Did you do that?

Yeah, I said that I did that, and then I had a bunch with no images. I had to use identify 3 or 4 times before they stuck.

Yes I tested refreshing at the library level last night and did not see any problems. The default selection in the drop down is the equivalent a regular library scan so you'll need to change that.

Seger

My post shows the two solutions related to Emby 3.5.0 and CoverArt 4.0.79.0 and the new covers:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57238-coverart-linuxqnap-issues/?p=598460

Best regards,
Seger

Hello everybody,

yes, there are apparently only 2 solutions, as I have already documented in my post. It is very time consuming, but unfortunately the only option. Which of the two options you choose now is up to you, I was not thrilled but led to the elimination of the problem.

Best regards
Seger

• 1 month later...
Happy2Play

CA 4.0.79.0 and 4.0.82.0 

No movie treatment for Movies-Folders view.  Other treatments appear to be working in folder view.

example from beta server

5b89f47dd4a8e_folder.jpg

Happy2Play

They are no longer the same thing so this will be expected.

Just seems odd only movies are affected by this then.

There is a Folder treatment, so wouldn't they fall under that?

Home videos and music videos will also see this as well. Eventually audio books and games too. And possibly more things, too early to say but in order to have a folder view that actually works we have to separate some things that used to be mangled together.

I don't know too much about the cover art folder setting, but @@ebr can answer that.