Can't update to 3.5.0.0

Yvese

Well new switch came in. Didn't solve the problem.

I resorted to a complete clean reinstall of emby and let it do a completely new library scan. I reinstalled the app on my TV and rebooted both my PC and TV. I was presented with a new problem - files wouldn't load at all this time. All I would see when I pressed play is that cogwheel icon. I had to force close the app on my TV.

So I decided to do further testing. I reinstalled plex and almost everything works fine there. No buffering, no skipping. All my 4k hdr files are direct playing. Only issue is subtitles causing it to start converting, even srt subs but that's a plex issue.

I went back to Emby... files play now but my old problem is still there, BUT it's also now direct streaming instead of direct playing some files. Videos are still skipping. It is definitely NOT buffering and NOT a network issue after testing with Plex. The problem I'm experiencing is the videos just start skipping sometimes from second 10 of the movie to minute 5. The app just seems to pick a random time to skip to like a broken cd player that can't read the cd correctly.

This all started happening with the new update as I said earlier.

Edited by Yvese

KingOfTheHaggi

I have files skipping playing via direct on samsung smart tv UE49K6300

It seems to randomly select files to get this issue as some times other files r fine.

I have tried tv web browser logged into web port via that and plays fine. I did try disable firewall on my windows 10 pc incase app had issues with that but still failed.

What did update break? Was fine before.