Can't update to 3.5.0.0

Yvese

I'm getting this error in the log: Error performing update. Access to the path 'C:\Users\extas\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system' is denied.

Tried restarting server as well as my PC.

Happy2Play

Just mean windows is not releasing the system folder in a timely manner.  Since you have restarted, I would allow Emby to download the update and shutdown Emby and restart your machine.  You could watch the task in task manager and wait for it to die off and start Emby also.

Tried that but it's still not updating. This is what it says on my dashboard:

Pending Installations

The following components have been installed or updated:

MBServer (3.5.0.0)

Please restart the server to finish applying updates.

Whenever I start it up I always see the 'update' button for a split second then the above appears. Pretty much just loops whenever I restart or shut it down and start manually after waiting for a minute.

Edited by Yvese

Happy2Play

I would ensure Emby is not running via task manager and go to the Download page and re-run the setup.exe.  No configurations will be lost.

CBers

Disable startup of Emby on boot, shut down Emby, reboot PC and making sure that Emby isn't running, install via the setup.exe from the website.

If all updated, re-enable the startup of Emby on boot.

Edited by CBers

Ok reinstalling it fixed it. I have a new problem now though... videos keep skipping between 10-30 seconds every 2-3 seconds. Any way to rollback?

Happy2Play

Has a Library scan finished?  There were database updates so downgrading could create other issues,

Yea there's no scanning. Even did it manually to make sure. All my videos are skipping. Already restarted Emby as well as my TV.

Hi, are you saying you reinstalled from scratch, or that you just installed the latest over the top? Hopefully you just installed the latest. Thanks.

To be honest, it is direct playing the file and the server isn't really doing very much. Are you sure it's not just some temporary network slowness? can you try another file, perhaps something lower bitrate?

To be honest, it is direct playing the file and the server isn't really doing very much. Are you sure it's not just some temporary network slowness? can you try another file, perhaps something lower bitrate?

I have Fios gigabit so there's no way it's the network. TV is wired not wifi. This issue started soon as I updated to 3.5.

Does the log not show the skipping? I mean all it takes is playing the first 10 seconds of any file and in those 10 seconds it could be anywhere between 30 seconds to 2 minutes into the movie.

Edited by Yvese

I'm looking through the log I sent and some of the 'Times' go as high as 120ms. Are those the skips?

Example -

Time: 2ms

Time: 30ms
Time: 54ms

Time: 4ms

Time: 5ms
Time: 66ms

Time: 64

Time: 88ms
Time: 75ms

Time: 100ms

I've checked other logs as well and I've seen some as high as 4195.

Guest asrequested

That sounds like a network issue, possibly the switch. Not your internet. I would expect your latency to be more consistent. Check your network connection to the server.

Edited by Doofus

My connection seems fine. Ping is 5ms on speedtest on my TV using its browser. Speed is normal.

I can stream Netflix, Amazon and Youtube just fine in 4K HDR. I did not have this issue with Emby before updating.

I also tested my PS4 speeds and those are normal as well ( it's always varied between 200-600 down every time I hit test ). Both are connected to a gigabit switch.

Right but netflix, amazon and youtube are not streaming from your home server. Can you try a lower bitrate video?

Right but netflix, amazon and youtube are not streaming from your home server. Can you try a lower bitrate video?

Ok I tried some between 1500-5000 bitrate and they play fine. Anything higher seems to skip/stutter.

I just don't know what's happening. Everything was fine before the update and speed tests have been normal on all my devices.

JasonG

I tend to agree with the above recommendations about a possible hardware limitation or issue. Speed tests don’t come into play here, this is local traffic that has nothing to do with your connection outside of your home.

Have you checked your storage to ensure you don’t have a disk or two that’s experiencing issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest asrequested

Ok I tried some between 1500-5000 bitrate and they play fine. Anything higher seems to skip/stutter.

I just don't know what's happening. Everything was fine before the update and speed tests have been normal on all my devices.

So it sounds like the server bandwidth is compromised. It might just be as simple as the server NIC got slightly tweaked after you rebooted the machine to update the server. Try rebooting, again. Or reinstall the NIC driver, etc.

So I tried playing some files on my phone over wifi that had issues on my other devices and they played fine. This leads me to believe my gigabit switch coincidentally broke as I updated.

Will post again once it comes in.