Apple TV not updating next up/watched items across devices after sleep...

psybertech

psybertech

So this is a little niche in usage maybe ???

I watch Emby stuff on Fire TV (fTV) during the day, but at night I use an Apple TV (aTV).

When I wake the aTV at night, the current status of watched items still shows what I went to bed watching last (aTV will sleep after X time of not watching as I fall asleep with something playing).

The aTV does know what the last video I watched on the aTV was before it sleeps but it doesn't update what was watched during the day unless I close the app and re-open it.

My Fire TV and web UI incorporates the correct aTV status, but the aTV will not see the the actual Emby server status and sync up after waking from sleep.

There might be an alternative way to update the aTV Emby status, but I would love to just have Emby refresh once the app is displayed and show the current status.

Any insight or help appreciated.

Thanks! :)

J

• 4 weeks later...
psybertech

bump...

Just wanted to see if this is on the to-do list.

Right now, the only way to watch Emby (specifically TV shows) on Apple TVs for me is to close Emby every time I want to use it and then re-launch it. 

It's not very elegant and a few friends of mine that I am pushing Emby on that are Apple and Plex folks just look at me like I am crazy that I think this is OK or acceptible. The Apple mantra, "With Apple, it just works" is said over and over. :angry:

Thanks.

j

Yes, we're working on the new video player for the app but this is high on our list after that. thanks.