Sometimes launch with black screen

Deihmos

Deihmos

Sometimes when I turn on my TV emby is stuck with a black screen then I have to force close the app. I notice the same thing with emby on iOS. It is sometimes stuck in a black screen. What could be the cause ?

FrostByte

Nope, I don't believe so.

@Deihmos can you give us a little more information?  Model TV, app version, etc.  Does it just happen when the app first starts then?

Deihmos

Nope, I don't believe so.

@Deihmos can you give us a little more information? Model TV, app version, etc. Does it just happen when the app first starts then?

I think it has something to do with how we exit the app. Normally we just turn off the tv without stopping anything. When we turn the tv back on after a long while all we get is a black screen. The model is KU6300. I have 3 models ranging from 46 to 65 and notice same behavior on all.

Credit google for that. You might as well not even put a stop button on remotes anymore.

CBers

Credit google for that.

Google?

What have they got to do with Samsung TV's?

FrostByte

I just starting playing a movie and turned off my TV during play.  Then I turned my TV back on after about 30 minutes and I was surprised when it immediately started playing my movie where it left off.  I had never tried that before. 

Anyhow, I'll wait a little longer next time before turning my TV back on.  Maybe it goes black if you wait too long and it can't pick up where it left off.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

SamES

Anyhow, I'll wait a little longer next time before turning my TV back on.  Maybe it goes black if you wait too long and it can't pick up where it left off.

I've seen that over time.  I suspect it is what happens.  Pressing Exit, then relaunching the app resolves it.  Maybe the api_key expires?

• Like 1

Deihmos

I just starting playing a movie and turned off my TV during play.  Then I turned my TV back on after about 30 minutes and I was surprised when it immediately started playing my movie where it left off.  I had never tried that before. 

Yes it will do that after a short period but give it a day and it just freezes up on a black screen for me. 

• Like 1

FrostByte

Ok, on my TV it looks like if I turn off my TV in the middle of a movie and wait long enough the app just doesn't restart itself when the TV is turned back on. Though if I turn my TV back on within a short period of time then the app auto restarts and automatically resumes my movie.   If it's a problem with an expiring api key then mine appears to just not be restarting the app where as others it tries to restart and gives them a black screen?  Unless it just happens occasionally.

Edited by FrostByte