Handling Playback, Forward/Backward and OSD

nanuk

nanuk

Hi,
it would be very nice if you could change 1-2 things

1. when a video is playing and OSD is shown pressing the Back-Button should make the OSD disappear but actually

the whole video stops playing and I fall back to the menu screen.

same behavior as netflix, amazon prime video or maxdome would very nice ;-)

This should not be a big thing I think.

2. actually it's not possible to access the progress bar of a movie with a normal remote. it's only possible to click on the progress bar and jump to a special timestamp of the movie if you have a "magic remote" with some kind of mouse integrated.

It would be very nice to get the possibillity to access the progress bar by pressing the up-button once the osd is visible

and then jump within the movie by pressing left or right buttons on the remote (maybe in 5 or 10 min steps)

because again... same behavior as netflix, amazon prime video or maxdome would very nice ;-)

thanx and keep on doing your great work! :-)

Edited by nanuk

• 1 month later...

is this still in mind? 

I think a lot of people are bored trying to make the OSD disappear by pressing the Back-Button throwing them back out of the movie ;-)

Also... is there a way to navigate to the end of a movie without pressing the forward button for every single minute and without having a magic "mouse" remote? ;-)

Edited by nanuk

• 1 month later...
benjamoomin

I've been using emby on firetv for a while but I'm just starting to use this webos version and the 2 points mentioned here would make the experience so much better. Any eta on when these changes could be looked at?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I absolutly do not understand what you have done with the video OSD :-/

There is absolutly NO benefit or feature that has been added or improved compared with the old one apart from that the new OSD looks even worse!!!

apart from removing the Thumb of the movie or series (which was a nice optical feature) everything is the same... none of the points mentioned in this post 1,5 years ago has been added or improved.

sorry but this is really disapointing and clearly a step back!

Edited by nanuk