Windows Server Core

Drexyl

Drexyl

Hi guys, I've been playing around with installing Media Browser 3 on Server Core. It works well except for a few small caveats.

Is it possible to make loading the browser after install optional? After installing MBS the installer throws an error because there is no browser in Core, so I have to click ok to the error before the installer completely finishes. Not a major issue as MBS still starts, but could possibly stall any new upgrades from installing.

The other is creating the shortcuts. The installer also throws an error when first installing complaining about it not being able to create the shortcuts. I think this only happened on a clean install of MBS and not an upgrade.

Otherwise, it works rather well on Server Core.

Cheers Drexyl

Edited by Drexyl

The opening of the browser is actually the server program not the installation and should only happen on start-up having not completed the start-up wizard.

That is just to say that should not be a problem with updates either.

Drexyl

Oh okay.. Does it only try and open the browser on first load of the server?  Because when I run MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe manually, there is no error.

Here's a screenshot of the error for reference.

533a30063081d_mbscoreissue.png

The "Loading Mediabrowser..." window in the background doesn't disappear until I click ok.

Drexyl

Well, everytime until you've completed the startup wizard. Which for almost everyone will be just the first time.

Drexyl

I've been getting that error on manual updates (as I usually run MBS as a service)

The startup wizard had been completed when I got that error.

then it thinks you haven't completed the wizard so you should just visit the wizardstart.html page and step through it.