customize the browser tab and favicon

z3ndra

z3ndra
Hello

I would like to customize the title that appears in the browser tab when I go to my server and the favicon. which file should I modify please?

thank you in advance

Happy2Play

I don't believe there is a easy way for this.  And I believe it would be reset with every update as the folder gets replaced.

favicon

\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\css\images

z3ndra

but this title is well generated somewhere in the emby files? no ?

Edited by z3ndra

Happy2Play

There is a script somewhere as changing the html page has no effect.

PenkethBoy

the html pages are generated on the fly by the server from very simple templates (changing anything in them relating to the title gets overwritten/replaced) - so changing any file does not work

Happy2Play

the html pages are generated on the fly by the server from very simple templates (changing anything in them relating to the title gets overwritten/replaced) - so changing any file does not work

You can see changes displayed briefly during a refresh by returns back to original when page is finished reloading.

Happy2Play

Which is what i said - does not persist

@@z3ndra

If you really want to change it you have to edit the "\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\scripts\librarymenu.js"

document.title="Emby"

But as noted anything changed in the system folder will be reset with every server update.

Edited by Happy2Play

z3ndra
yes, it works great. you manage frankly. Too bad I would update at each update.

edit: the tab does not change on the page of a movie 

Edited by z3ndra

Happy2Play

yes, it works great. you manage frankly. Too bad I would update at each update.

edit: the tab does not change on the page of a movie 

I don't get what you are trying to do, but the tab represents your Library "display name" when you setup the library. 

What are you trying to do with each library tab?  Do you want them all to say the same thing?

5b3d480fdf835_tab.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

z3ndra

it changes well definitively on the homepage. however on the detail page of a movie, the tab remains "emby"

1530782317-titre-tab.png

Edited by z3ndra

Happy2Play

@@z3ndra

Looks like you need to change Emby here also, same file.

document.title=title||"Emby"

What are you changing it to?  You are re-branding our product to make it look like yours?

z3ndra

Since I have customized my interface with css code, I want to go further, for the custom to the end. I do not see where the harm is, knowing that I do not intend to market anything at all and that the emby code is open source. In the same way I want to say that I participate because I am subscribed to emby premiere.

• 2 months later...
fablinuxer

Hi Guys

I understand the concern of the developers, but also like to have my logo on the favicon. The emby is a fantastic tool with lots of potential. If you allow me an idea release this as a premiere feature. I would also like to wish to have the possibility to limit the number of logins that relatives and friends make on the server. Ex: 1 login for my brother what it acontence is that it logs in one device, the thickness of it in another and the children in others with the same login. And if it happens, does it happen to anyone else? That way there is no control!

5bb79bf824e29_favicon.png

• 8 months later...
drikosv8

@@z3ndra

If you really want to change it you have to edit the "\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\scripts\librarymenu.js"

document.title="Emby"

But as noted anything changed in the system folder will be reset with every server update.

In version 4.2.0.24 "\ Emby-Server \ system \ dashboard-ui \ scripts \ librarymenu.js" I can no longer find the name document.title = "Emby" to change, where can I change again?

Thank you
Edited by drikosv8

Happy2Play

In version 4.2.0.24 "\ Emby-Server \ system \ dashboard-ui \ scripts \ librarymenu.js" I can no longer find the name document.title = "Emby" to change, where can I change again?

Thank you

Have a look here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46707-how-to-change-name-of-title-of-bar-navigation/?p=749664

darkassassin07

Another option is to use a reverse proxy to replace the icon files.

That's what I have done to change the logos and 'emby' tags to my own custom images/servername.

I'm not intending to rebrand emby or anything like that, my users are quite aware the software powering my media server is emby, it's just personal preference and an interesting project.

The files I replaced are: (relative to the hostname: example.com/<path>)

/web/bower_components/emby-webcomponents/themes/logowhite.png
/web/bower_components/emby-webcomponents/themes/logodark.png
/web/bower_components/emby-webcomponents/notifications/badge.png
/web/bower_components/emby-webcomponents/notifications/notificationicon.png
/web/css/images/logoblack.png
/web/touchicon.png
/web/touchicon114.png
/web/touchicon144.png
/web/touchicon72.png
/web/favicon.ico

When these files are requested from the reverse proxy, it serves them directly from the proxies own local files, every other request passes to the emby server.

The main reason I did it this way was to avoid the changes I make being reverted on a server update. The emby server is still running exactly as it was installed without modification.

/edit here's how I did that for anyone finding this in the future. I've gotten a few pms about it:

An example emby proxy config:

server {
   server_name emby.mydomain.com;
   listen 443 ssl http2;
   access_log /home/pi/nginx/logs/access/emby.mydomain.com combined;
   error_log /home/pi/nginx/logs/error/emby.mydomain.com;

root /home/pi/nginx/html/emby;		

location / {
      try_files $uri @proxy;
   }
   location @proxy {
      client_max_body_size 20M;
      proxy_pass http://192.168.0.106:8096;
      proxy_set_header HOST $host;
      proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
      proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
      proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
      proxy_set_header Range $http_range;
      proxy_set_header If-Range $http_if_range;
      proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
      proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";		
   }
} 

Every request will first check if the file requested exists in /home/pi/nginx/html/emby (set by the 'root' directive)

If it does, that file is served, if not the request is passed to the named location '@proxy' where it's proxied to the emby server.

So for example, if you wanted to replace the default user image on the web app login screen, you'd need to create:

/home/pi/nginx/html/emby/web/css/images/logindefault.png

With your own custom image and the proxy will load that instead. (I don't like the random multi colours behind the default user image, so I filled in the transparency in that image with a consistent grey)

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Like 1