Emby not connecting to MPExtended/mediaportal 1 tv server

jsmorency

jsmorency

Hi,

Emby cannot connect to MPExtended.

I use MPExtended 0.6.4 (for emby) and Emby v3.4.1.

I used to have everything working but now emby cant find any tuner in its mediaportal plugin.

I saw other posts recently on the forum. Is this a known issue and do you have a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jsmorency

pünktchen

Why do you think the plugin doesn't connect to MPExtended? If you mean the live tv tuner status page in Emby's dashboard - that was removed by the Emby devs for every tv solution.

jsmorency

Sorry Im on my phone, but I’m talking about this setting page (see attached file). I used to have tuners (both my asus and hauppage) and guide data showing there.

Thanks

post-103811-0-84910200-1530375787_thumb.png

Edited by jsmorency

Those lists are only used by native emby live TV and not plugin live TV. Nothing to worry about there.

Please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

pünktchen

Those lists are only used by native emby live TV and not plugin live TV. Nothing to worry about there.

Please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

Can you please provide a new plugin build with line 329 to 333 outcommented in this file: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaPortalTVPlugin/blob/master/MediaBrowser.Plugins.MediaPortal/Services/Proxies/TVServiceProxy.cs

pünktchen

There seems to be something going on, on the TV server side (192.168.1.43)

What are you trying to say? Again, what is you problem?

Like i said before, the tuner status page was removed by Emby for all live tv plugins and has no impact on the connection capabilities. So the question is can you see your tv channels and guide data in Emby or not?

If not (there are connection timeouts in your log, probably a firewall issue) then test these links:

On the same machine where MPExtended and TVServer is installed

On the machine where Emby is installed

jsmorency

Hi,

I cannot see the guide. I can see the channels, but the logo and channels named are not corresponding (used to be good but now the logo is not matching the good channel). Impossible for me to start a stream (forever spinning logo)

On the same machine where MPExtended and TVServer is installed: I get a positive result

On the machine where Emby is installed: I get connection timed out in chrome.

See attached files.

Sorry I speak french, so maybe I have difficulties explaining my issue.

Thanks again!

post-103811-0-97690400-1530748292_thumb.jpg

post-103811-0-31801900-1530748309_thumb.jpg

pünktchen

Okay if the connection times out on your Emby machine then there's nothing i can do from the plugin side. If you fix this connection problem, the plugin will start working again. As a first step you could disable the firewall on both machines. I guess some Windows or Avast update or similar has reset the firewall rules.

Edited by pünktchen

jsmorency

I disabled the firewall on the MPExtended pc.

Works well now!

May you tell me what specific program I need to allow through the firewall so Emby can connect (without letting firewall completely off for security matter)?

Thank you

jsmorency

Well, you replied while I was writing my post. Sorry.

I guess it’s only firewall issue as you said. My problem now is that I need to know what to let through.

Strange that settings can change without my input.

MPExtended and tvservice are allowed.

pünktchen

Well, you replied while I was writing my post. Sorry.

I guess it’s only firewall issue as you said. My problem now is that I need to know what to let through.

Strange that settings can change without my input.

MPExtended and tvservice are allowed.

Just create a port exception rule for 4322 in your firewall.

jsmorency

Well, that’s what I did, and everything is working fine now.

Created inbound rules for port 4322 (TCP from memory) in the firewall advanced settings page (in windows 10) on the PC where MPExtended and the tvserver are installed.

Thanks for your prompt support!