embycon error viewing movies

bric

Recently, this started happening when I select 'Emby Movies' from the main screen.

It beeps at me and says, "Embycon Error  Check the log for more information"

Then instead of the movies it lists "Emby, Channels, Favorite Movies, Favorite Shows, Favorite Episodes, Movies, TV Shows, Files, Playlists, Video add-ons"

The only change I've made recently is the new YTrailer plugin update ... and upgrading emby to the newest version.  I don't know if this behaviour began before, after, or because of these updates.

Strangely, selecting the 'Emby TV Shows' works as usual (presenting the listing of TV Shows formatted as I've chosen).

I enabled logging, exited kodi, deleted the log, started kodi (new log created), selected 'Emby Movies', got the error and made a copy of the log, zipped it up and put it here:

https://mega.nz/#!7XR2wCjQ!hfAnsK_oQKY96A6g6y0PUtPwj-K7zsmhjZQbPWYFtSQ

It is ridiculously large (15MB) for a log with "one" event.  However... hopefully it's of use.

I also tried: uninstalling kodi (sudo apt purge kodi) and renaming the .kodi directory with the configuration.

Then reinstalled kodi and used your new method of installing embycon.  Same error.

I didn't really want to mess with emby but I could try rolling back to an earlier version perhaps... if you think that's a next step.

tl;dr I titled it and now kodi doesn't complain. Thanks.

There was some sort of problem with the metadata files stored beside the movie.

The movie was "The General (1926)" with Buster Keaton.

It was stored in a directory of its own.

It had files titled '-poster.jpg' as well as 'The General (1926)-poster.jpg' and similar for backdrop and fanart.

It seems that the metadata manager wanted a title to associate with the -poster.jpg (et al) even though I had a title associated with the movie already. Adding this in the metadata manager corrected the problem but left me with two entries in the database for this movie.

The solution (eventually) was to remove all metadata and rescan the library.

Now I just have one movie, correctly labelled, and emby/kodi are playing nicely.