Home Page and Nesting Directories?

PuffyToesToo

PuffyToesToo

In an effort to keep things as simple as possible for my parents ( who easily lose their bearings once they leave the home page) I have different directories for movies according to genre, in order to reduce the number of pages they need to scan to find what they want.  But this means a lot of side scrolling on the homepage which they often miss. (Roku)

Would it be possible to (maybe Emby already does this?) have my home page like this for example:

Movies > enter movies directory and access different genres by clicking the image "Horror", "Comedy" etc.  (as opposed to using filters, which they have no idea how to use and would forget anyway.)

TV > decade/genre etc

Music > by genre/ decade etc. 

All of them with custom images like I am able to do now, which is one of my favorite things about Emby. 

Thank you for reading.

Happy2Play

Doesn't "Unset Libraries" already give that?  Only issue is you have to provide images as Emby will pull from first video in the folder.

5b3574f0f27e3_unset.jpg

• Like 1

You could also enable the server display option to enable a Folders view.

• Like 1

PuffyToesToo

I'm sorry, could you explain what you mean by "Unset Libraries'? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that, thank you both for your suggestions. 

Ok, I followed this instruction, and it does work as per my request when I access via a web browser - which is great. 

I should have been more specific in my original post that I was hoping this would also port to the GUI on Roku.

Can you let me know if there is a setting I am missing, or if this isn't possible on Roku? Thank you again.

Edited by PuffyToesToo

The Roku app currently has an issue in this specific scenario.  However, one of the buttons right at the top of each movie library brings up a "By Genre" view.

• Like 1

PuffyToesToo

Oh thank you for this information. I managed to get everything working well on my desktop with a little tinkering according to Luke and Happy2Play's information. I am thankful for that suggestion as eventually I got it sorted. Everything populated well with the exception of the movies subfolders, which brings up 0 content on my Roku. This is a lot of progress for what I want to do to make things as simple for my parents as possible. All I need to do is get that glitch worked out. Thank you ebr.  They are in their upper 60's so ease of use and visual simplicity is important to me. 

PuffyToesToo

Update: As mentioned, this seems to be a Roku issue.

My homepage now consists of 5 simple directories. The Folders view is simply labeled "Click Here For Everything". (For my parents). When I enter that folder I can see the categories, which is great. Only the movies category shows 0 content, but the movies populate if I go directly there from the Homepage. 

From the Homepage screen, if I click on Music, it will not show my content, but if I go to the Folders view and then music, it shows there.

Just feedback at this point, unless anyone has further information. Thank you again.

Edited by PuffyToesToo