Video Error - Ignored

myrokulife

syralk

That's what it looks like to me yes, a sleeping drive or some kind of I/o problem reading the file.

On the Roku or on the server?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

syralk

On the server.

So what is the solution.

And why it is not doing it on the other client requiring transcoding like, roku 3,web page, samsung.

So what is the solution.

And why it is not doing it on the other client requiring transcoding like, roku 3,web page, samsung.

The problem is roku express is using an old GPU driver. With the new ffmpeg and the new options luke passes to it as parameters to encode with these might be causing the issue. With the newer devices, they are all based on Mali 450 (v52) or better. The v52 driver is still getting bug fixes and feature improvements from upstream. Roku just has to merge these into their code and problems get solved. With the 400 series Mali there is no longer any improvements. The gpu driver is done. What you get is what there is. It won't get any better.

So the solution is..  none (with caveat). You either have to upgrade your roku express to one of their more capable devices, or switch from roku to another platform like androidTV or iOS... or.. (the caveat) disable sleep/standby on both your OS and drives (which may not be practical or economical).

It looks like your PC is either in sleep/standby, or the drive is in sleep/standby. Your roku was left _in_ the app when you walked away. You didn't exit the emby app. Then you came back, tried to play something without navigating much outside what had already been cached. This means the server has to wake itself on lan, or the drive has to be woken. During this the app is smart enough to transcode already. You don't need to force transcode. What happens is ffmpeg has to wait for data. The PC was asleep or the drive was. This is why at first it fails. Then when you go back it works because now the drive is awake.

On your roku express 3700 it will not play the video at all when you go back, because its cache has indexed the bad data. If you exit the emby app, restart it, log in all over again.. Now try to play things it should work without hassle. It is only when leaving the app running on the roku, and coming back to the remote using it to "wake the roku and tv" (HDMI-CEC detects any remote use and wakes both roku and TV) and then trying to play you will have issues (HDMI-CEC isn't Wake-On-Lan).

Edited by speechles

syralk

The problem is roku express is using an old GPU driver. With the new ffmpeg and the new options luke passes to it as parameters to encode with these might be causing the issue. With the newer devices, they are all based on Mali 450 (v52) or better. The v52 driver is still getting bug fixes and feature improvements from upstream. Roku just has to merge these into their code and problems get solved. With the 400 series Mali there is no longer any improvements. The gpu driver is done. What you get is what there is. It won't get any better.

So the solution is.. none (with caveat). You either have to upgrade your roku express to one of their more capable devices, or switch from roku to another platform like androidTV or iOS... or.. (the caveat) disable sleep/standby on both your OS and drives (which may not be practical or economical).

It looks like your PC is either in sleep/standby, or the drive is in sleep/standby. Your roku was left _in_ the app when you walked away. You didn't exit the emby app. Then you came back, tried to play something without navigating much outside what had already been cached. This means the server has to wake itself on lan, or the drive has to be woken. During this the app is smart enough to transcode already. You don't need to force transcode. What happens is ffmpeg has to wait for data. The PC was asleep or the drive was. This is why at first it fails. Then when you go back it works because now the drive is awake.

On your roku express 3700 it will not play the video at all when you go back, because its cache has indexed the bad data. If you exit the emby app, restart it, log in all over again.. Now try to play things it should work without hassle. It is only when leaving the app running on the roku, and coming back to the remote using it to "wake the roku and tv" (HDMI-CEC detects any remote use and wakes both roku and TV) and then trying to play you will have issues (HDMI-CEC isn't Wake-On-Lan).

Long story short

No patch will be done for this issue

Roku Express stick with h264 or upgrade to Roku premiere or better.

Am I correct?

Edited by syralk

What cache do you mean?

The one on the roku itself. Once it fails, it will ever after. The roku3 does the same thing. You have to exit the app (rudely via home keypress, not via the apps exit button), and restart the app and it fixes it.

Edited by speechles

That's odd because the stream urls should be unique for each playback attempt.

On the blue neon app, the error instead is "Cannot spawn video player" when in that condition. It is when the app is running overnight, and I browse into several sections and leave it in that state. Then come back days later, and go to use the app, browsing all is fine, until you go to play anything. Nothing ever plays... this is on a roku3. The same happens in the official app, and causes the "ignored" message. To fix it, all I do is exit the app via home keypress and come back and everything is dandy. I am suspect its the cache the roku now keeps for every app.

From Juanita at roku support:

How to reset the cache:

From the home menu:

1) Press Home 5 times ( home,home,home,home,home )
2) Press Up 1 time ( up )
3) Press Rewind 2 times ( rewind, rewind )
4) Press Fast Forward 2 times ( fastfwd, fastfwd )

Wait and It'll go to either Featured Feed or My Feed scrolling automatically. It will seem like it's doing nothing for 15 or 30 seconds, maybe even longer. Just wait. The the screen will go black as it reboots. After this you can try to see if it corrected the issue.

@@syralk Can you try the clear cache above on your problem devices and see if this helps any?
Edited by speechles

syralk

On the blue neon app, the error instead is "Cannot spawn video player" when in that condition. It is when the app is running overnight, and I browse into several sections and leave it in that state. Then come back days later, and go to use the app, browsing all is fine, until you go to play anything. Nothing ever plays... this is on a roku3. The same happens in the official app, and causes the "ignored" message. To fix it, all I do is exit the app via home keypress and come back and everything is dandy. I am suspect its the cache the roku now keeps for every app.

@@syralk Can you try the clear cache above on your problem devices and see if this helps any?

On it

syralk

Just did it

I saw the scroll

Then wait 30 sec

Then the Roku express rebooted

I went to the the video with the hevc codec 720p and at it

Same error then before

Emby app version 3.0.97

Do you have the server log and ffmpeg log of that playback attempt?

It has to be related to something in the media itself causing the issue and the way ffmpeg is handling it. Do you have a sample of that file you can put somewhere so we can rip it apart?

syralk

This is Wierd on my ffmeg log for the video I try

It's like the Emby app never sent the request to the server

syralk

Do you have the server log and ffmpeg log of that playback attempt?

It has to be related to something in the media itself causing the issue and the way ffmpeg is handling it. Do you have a sample of that file you can put somewhere so we can rip it apart?

So I play

Super girl s01e01

Got The ignore message

Then it skip to s01e02

When I look at my log I only see Super girl s01e02 for the ffmeg request.

I don't see any request for s01e01

This is on roku express 3900Log (3).txt

Can you get the media information for that item that didn't play? It is shown when using the web client. On that items detail screen at the very bottom. Can you tell us what is shown there? I am guessing it is there that something relevant will make itself known.

Edited by speechles

After getting us the media info I have one other task for you. This involves another app, and only suggesting it as another way to see what is wrong.

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=EmbyBlueNeon

You need to sign into your roku account to get the Blue Neon night app after you click the url above. The Blue Neon app is uncertified, as an unregulated app. This app is based on the old version of the emby app. Use it and find the same video you are having problems with. In this app does the item play?

Edited by speechles

syralk

After getting us the media info I have one other task for you. This involves another app, and only suggesting it as another way to see what is wrong.

You need to sign into your roku account to get the Blue Neon night app (info here). It is uncertified, as an unregulated app. This app is based on the old version of the emby app. Use it and find the same video you are having problems with. In this app does the item play?

Ok I'll try that tomorrow morning

I'll have some work todo for now [emoji4]

syralk

Can you get the media information for that item that didn't play? It is shown when using the web client. On that items detail screen at the very bottom. Can you tell us what is shown there? I am guessing it is there that something relevant will make itself known.

this is the media info from the client Media Info

VideoTitle720P HEVC

CodecHEVC

ProfileMain

Level93

Resolution1280x720

Aspect ratio16:9

InterlacedNo

Framerate23.9760246

Bitrate664 kbps

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames1

AudioTitleEng AAC stereo Default

Languageeng

CodecAAC

ProfileHE-AAC

Layoutstereo

Channels2 ch

Bitrate192 kbps

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultYes

SubtitleTitleEng Default

Languageeng

CodecSUBRIP

DefaultYes

ForcedNo

ExternalNo

Containermkv

PathG:\Shows\Supergirl (2015)\Season 1\Supergirl S01E01 HDTV 720p x265 AAC E-Subs [GWC].mkv

8238c45e3c383daa144689a8f9bb270c.jpg

Edited by syralk

syralk

You need to sign into your roku account to get the Blue Neon night app after you click the url above. The Blue Neon app is uncertified, as an unregulated app. This app is based on the old version of the emby app. Use it and find the same video you are having problems with. In this app does the item play?

Hi there

So I try the app

I got many popup error more then once flashing then it play Log (4).txt

fec8b796bdba3683ca29fafe2333696a.jpg

Edited by syralk

Okay, from the error displayed, it might be the streaming stick is misreporting its capabilities. Start the Blue Neon app and in settings find "Enable Debug" and change it to YES. Now go to the video, and have the error happen again. Then afterwords, go the homescreen and the options and quickviews row. Find the '"Debug Logs" button on that row and click it.

XIRWnIZ.png

It almost feels like your roku streaming stick is saying it supports hevc, but then something in the hevc it doesn't like. So in blue neon it forces transcoding and will play. The official app may not force transcode for all errors, it might balk when its fatal. The blue neon app will retry again always. Would like to know what you see for Supported. The audio, mp4, and mkv parts. Also the transcoding v-codec and a-codec. Try to frame your picture on the same data I have above when you take the picture. :)

The part above at the top, make sure the title of the video matches the video with the problem. Have that line framed at the top, and the rest should just fall in line the same as my picture.

The other issue I noticed is there is a framerate problem at the start of the video that might be causing it.

Past duration 0.989006 too large

That line shows up in your ffmpeg log, and comes into play when the frame count is  too large or to fit into the timespan. This might be causing the issue as the roku does have to decompress the stream to complete its "format detection" routine before the video player can begin buffering.

In other words, why is supergirl showing 23.976 as the frame rate? It isn't theatrical. It isn't something limited by the framerate of the film reel supporting it. Television uses 30/60 or the euro 25/50. Weird...

Edited by speechles

syralk

Okay, from the error displayed, it might be the streaming stick is misreporting its capabilities. Start the Blue Neon app and in settings find "Enable Debug" and change it to YES. Now go to the video, and have the error happen again. Then afterwords, go the homescreen and the options and quickviews row. Find the '"Debug Logs" button on that row and click it.

XIRWnIZ.png

It almost feels like your roku streaming stick is saying it supports hevc, but then something in the hevc it doesn't like. So in blue neon it forces transcoding and will play. The official app may not force transcode for all errors, it might balk when its fatal. The blue neon app will retry again always. Would like to know what you see for Supported. The audio, mp4, and mkv parts. Also the transcoding v-codec and a-codec. Try to frame your picture on the same data I have above when you take the picture. :)

Ok I'll do that when I go home [emoji4]

The test I'm doing is on the 3900 but the 3700 seem to be worst, in the way that is not playing at all on the normal emby app.

Unfornunally I cannot do all the test for this one because it's at my friend house.

Hopefully by fixing the issue with this one I could fix St the same time

Edited by syralk

Ok I'll do that when I go home [emoji4]

The test I'm doing is on the 3900 but the 3700 seem to be worst, in the way that is not playing at all.

Unfornunally I cannot do all the test for this one because it's at my friend house.

Hopefully by fixing the issue with this one I could fix St the same time

It is either:

1) the streaming stick is reporting hevc when it isn't supported ... maybe.. confidence is low on this one..

2) the encoder(human in charge of making the video) made a mistake in encoding. Why is supergirl 23.976 fps and not the usual 30 or euro 25? This is probably the cause of the "Past Duration" warning ffmpeg gives when transcoding via HLS. To cut the commercials off the front of the show, you set the beginning keyframe. The keyframe at the beginning was likely made before the framerate was changed. That keyframe at the front will not be aligned with the rest after the framerate change. The encoder should have known this. If the fellow had kept the framerate the same it would not have been an issue where he cut in the keyframes to start the video...confidence is high on this one.. so high it is likely the culprit.

To identify which of these it is, you just need to show me what is shown in the debug logs of blue neon. If it shows hevc, well.. damn.. roku messed up.. if it doesn't... you need to get a better copy of supergirl s01e01 from somewhere...

All I can do at this point is guess based on facts.. Facts don't change.. ;)

Edited by speechles

syralk

It is either:

1) the streaming stick is reporting hevc when it isn't supported ... maybe.. confidence is low on this one..

2) the encoder(human in charge of making the video) made a mistake in encoding. Why is supergirl 23.976 fps and not the usual 30 or euro 25? This is probably the cause of the "Past Duration" warning ffmpeg gives when transcoding via HLS. To cut the commercials off the front of the show, you set the beginning keyframe. The keyframe at the beginning was likely made before the framerate was changed. That keyframe at the front will not be aligned with the rest after the framerate change. The encoder should have known this. If the fellow had kept the framerate the same it would not have been an issue where he cut in the keyframes to start the video...confidence is high on this one.. so high it is likely the culprit.

To identify which of these it is, you just need to show me what is shown in the debug logs of blue neon. If it shows hevc, well.. damn.. roku messed up.. if it doesn't... you need to get a better copy of supergirl s01e01 from somewhere...

Thanks for the info.

I'll come back to you soon

syralk

It is either:

This is the log in order

Let me know if you need more info 35b6d4a33fad7abe3be32c0ca1ca1c5b.jpg9295265846630660aa0078d8231408e7.jpgac68e7863b52ca0a7c8a9c96b004450e.jpg391b051eb144745302e10ab5438c5dc1.jpg39876ff36f5f39054b793c4ef9042307.jpg6f8fb3eecf17da0377c086dee92f9f2a.jpg12fa181bdf465a25cebdf230141aa197.jpgc37931d0610be82ef001d0f62017b535.jpg