New Folders With One File

mswguitar

mswguitar

I've found an issue with how emby treats folders with single files.

I use NextPVR to record TV shows, then MCE Buddy converts them to MP4 and puts them into a folder - I:\DVR. If the show doesn't already exist, MCE Buddy creates the folder and then copies the converted file to the new folder.

This setup has been working great but I recently added a couple new show recordings to NPVR and noticed an issue. MCE Buddy still works fine and creates the folder for the show in I:\DVR and then copies the file to the new folder.

However, now Emby see's this as a single file and won't let me change the metadata.

For example, I have existing folders that have been around for a while (and still work fine) and the path is "I:DVR\8 News Now\". All of the new shows show up as their own media item (see attachment)

I recently started recording The 100. When MCE Buddy added it to I:DVR, it created a folder for "The 100" and copied the file to it. Emby then added it as the only file in the folder -  "I:\DVR\The 100\The 100-2018-06-12_2058.mp4" instead of just "I:\DVR\The 100\". Now,whenever new shows are added to this folder, it just lists them underneath (in the web client) and does not list each one individually (see attachment). I'm not able to remove the "The 100-2018-06-12_2058.mp4" from the path in the metadata editor.

I just noticed this with shows I've added in the last month so I'm not sure when this change was made. FWIW - this folder type if Home videos and photos.

post-5417-0-95866200-1530119442_thumb.jpg

post-5417-0-86260900-1530119457_thumb.jpg

Hi, the path in the metadata editor shows the file path. It's not something you would edit. Why are you expecting to be able to do that?

In any event I don't quite understand the problem. Your screenshot shows six videos, all available to play. What exactly is the issue? Thanks.

mswguitar

Hi, the path in the metadata editor shows the file path. It's not something you would edit. Why are you expecting to be able to do that?

In any event I don't quite understand the problem. Your screenshot shows six videos, all available to play. What exactly is the issue? Thanks.

There are 3 mp4 files in "I:\DVR\The 100\" but emby is only showing the first file that was added to play (they were added about 1 week apart).

The rest of the files are listed listed below with no option to play them.

See attachments.

post-5417-0-83419000-1530126190_thumb.jpg

post-5417-0-78926800-1530126199_thumb.jpg

mswguitar

Any ideas on this? I tried to fix it by deleting and re-creating the library but it appears to be saved somewhere because it's still just showing a list of files.

Happy2Play

There are 3 mp4 files in "I:\DVR\The 100\" but emby is only showing the first file that was added to play (they were added about 1 week apart).

The rest of the files are listed listed below with no option to play them.

See attachments.

Actually it is showing all three but thinks they are versions (see the version drop-down in your screenshot).  This is do to the naming convention, reported in other topics.  The screenshot shows this is a unidentified or identified as a movie folder.

@@Luke

When I tested this (unset library) I get the same results with a filenamed.nfo file with Movie metadata.

Edited by Happy2Play

mswguitar

Actually it is showing all three but thinks they are versions (see the version drop-down in your screenshot).  This is do to the naming convention, reported in other topics.  The screenshot shows this is a unidentified or identified as a movie folder.

@@Luke

When I tested this (unset library) I get the same results with a filenamed.nfo file with Movie metadata.

I hadn't noticed the version dropdown. I did find this post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59502-date-in-file-name-triggering-multi-version/

and yeah, I see it's the same issue. I've had it setup this way for a while so I'm not sure when this changed. 

I removed the dash between the show name and the date and that fixed the issue. FWIW, it didn't matter if it was " - " or just "-", is still did the same thing. Also it's only an issue where all of the show names in a given folder  have the same month (ie: 2018-06). Folders with multiple months (2018-06, 2018-05, etc) work as expected.

Edited by mswguitar