Kodi not listing all content

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

CharleyVarrick

Hi,

first a quick overall picture of my setup.

PC1 (Win7) is holding all my media and running Emby server.

PC2 (Win7) is my management computer on which I run Kodi and Emby web interface.

PC3 (Win10) is my htpc on which I also run Kodi.

Thru their respective Emby web interface, all three pc agree I have 852 tv series.

PC2/Kodi also tells me I have 852 shows.

PC3/Kodi only list 849. I was looking for a specific tv show when I noticed it was missing from Kodi/pc3.

I tried running a manual sync on it, within a few minutes it said it completed the sync, but I'm still short 3 shows.

What should I do so PC3/Kodi catches the 3 shows its overlooking?

Thanks!

Edited by jlr19

• Solution
Angelblue05

Try hitting save in the webclient metadata into for the missing shows. If that doesn't work, this should tell us what's going on. Provide your kodi log jn that event.

CharleyVarrick

That did the trick, for 1 of the 3 missing show I knew about. For the 2 other missing show, since I don't know their titles, I guess I'll save the whole tv show metadata branch.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Glad it works. Moving forward, if you reset/resync your database someday and it happens again, or you add a new show and it happens, provide the kodi log from that timeframe so we can see why it happened and hopefully resolve this. :)

simpman

I had a problem similar to this at one time. Enabling 'Sync empty TV shows' in Sync options fixed it for me. I think the problem was that somehow my .nfo files from specific series were bad making Emby think that these series had 0 episodes. The shows that were considered empty had a checkmark where the # of episodes normally is (but isn't a fully watched series) on the web client. Deleting the nfo files and forcing metadata refresh has fixed this problem for me so I no longer have to Sync empty TV shows.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
CharleyVarrick

I had a problem similar to this at one time. Enabling 'Sync empty TV shows' in Sync options fixed it for me. I think the problem was that somehow my .nfo files from specific series were bad making Emby think that these series had 0 episodes. The shows that were considered empty had a checkmark where the # of episodes normally is (but isn't a fully watched series) on the web client. Deleting the nfo files and forcing metadata refresh has fixed this problem for me so I no longer have to Sync empty TV shows.

Sync empty tv shows is always enabled for me (both in Emby Settings and Kodi settings).

Deleting the .nfo tends to work wonder for me as it forces Emby to re-acknowledge the content.

Angelblue05

I have found out the cause of the empty tv show. I have reported this to Luke. I will push out a new build at some point that fixes this. Thanks for your patience.

Angelblue05

In messages.

The issue is using /Items with the param Ids to retrieve the items. This always returns recursive count of 0. The solution right now is to use /Items/{ItemId}. Luke said using the param Ids restricts the amount of data returned for the item. So he will have to make sure that the specific data used to build the recursive count and etag are automatically requested.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Sorry I think it is also the same effect. Maybe it's not limited to Ids only but the entire /Items.

If you use Items/{ItemId} no problem right? <-- This is the only way to get the full information, including the correct recursive count.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@

You are right. I have one show that has recursive count 0 when all others don't. I will let you know if I can manage to correct this or not. I grab items via /Items with the parent id being the library id. Strange. When I call the same show with /Items/{ItemId} I get the recursive count. It's the only show that does this... I don't know if it's because it's a French show or not. Maybe that's the difference?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I've tried everything that was not radical. No changes. I have now removed the series from my server and am re-adding it right now.

Angelblue05

Do you recall if the tv shows were in english?

Anyway, looks like re-adding the tv show to the server fixes the issue. Must be a bug somewhere that caused this at some point and it was "un-fixable" unless using a clean slate.

Edit: Prior to this, I had tried edit metadata on the tv show. I've also tried replace all metadata. Deleted the tvshow.nfo. Updated all my episodes. Nothing fixed this until I removed the show and re-added it.

The show had preferred metadata set to French, it was the only show in my library set that way and coincidentally it was the only show to not return proper recursivecount. Anyway :(

Edited by Angelblue05

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed similar stuff with different Season. I have a show, season 1 is in "/media/My Book/shows/Special Affairs Team TEN (2011)" and Season 2 is in "/media/My Book/shows/Special Affairs Team TEN S02 2013", both seem to be perfectly in emby but the kodi sync plugin only seems to sync season 1. This is consistent between multiple reinstalls and stuff. This also happens to a show in Folder: /media/My Book/shows/더 지니어스 S04. 그랜드 파이널 and /media/My Book/shows/더 지니어스 S03. 블랙 가넷/. Seems to affect shows that are in different locations for multiple seasons.

/Edit: the sync empty box seems to do the trick.

Edited by Kiina

Angelblue05

Yeah there's a bug regarding the empty tv show information returned by Emby. This will be fixed soon. Glad you figured it out.

• Like 1