IPTV

Marcelo

Marcelo

Hello,

I'm using currently a J-Tech device that outputs my set-top box image as an TS file.

It works perfectly in VLC and if I add the http address for the stream in an m3u file and add it as a m3u turner on emby all is working good.

I have one problem.

I use an executable to change the channels on my settop box. I'm able to do it in nextpvr but such option is not available in Emby and would be a great addition. This executable (can be an js) triggers a global caché itach device to change the channel.

Second point. I've being using the nextpvr for a long time with emby. The load time of a channel when using the nextpvr plugin on emby is quite long when I start a stream or even changing a channel (7 seconds). This happens in chrome browser, and on a shield TV (only devices that I’m using).

What I discovered is that the same .ts stream when added directly as a m3u tunner on Emby is streamming directly (2 seconds to load) while the same stream coming from nextpvr is being converted due an ilegal  video and audio codec.

I know those are two different points, one is maybe a bug and the other a request but I tried to put it in just one topic.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

Hi, I'm afraid I don't quite understand. Why not just change the channel using Emby controls?

Marcelo

Luke,

My explanation was really not that good.

I'm using a J-Tech device that converts the output of my set-top box hdmi into an .ts stream.

My stream becomes something like 192.168.1.6/0.ts

This is the same for all channels since it is just converting the hdmi output. 

In order for me to change the channels I have to use the remote of my set-top box or some sort of executable to trigger it as an ir emitter device. (I use the Itach from Global Caché).

Nextpvr has the ability to add and executable to the iptv devide that is triggered beffore the stream starts and passtrough the channel number.

With this I can trigger the global cache to change the channel in the set-top box.

This is the possibility that I'm asking.

I hope that I made myself more clear now.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

Ok I understand. I am not sure what the community demand for that type of thing would be. I think for now next pvr will be your best bet, and use the plugin to integrate that with Emby. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
mlcarson

I've got the same request as Marcelo so I don't think it's that uncommon.   We're basically asking for support for network-based HDMI video capture devices.  The only thing that's currently missing in Emby for this is tuner support.  That support would basically consist of allowing for the calling of an executable to do channel changes and the passing of a parameter for channel number.  Everything else should work the same as IPTV via M3U files.  It's nice to know that NextPVR can do this and that Emby can use a plugin for it.  Would TVHeadend be another option? 

Edited by mlcarson