Movies List constantly flashes

TheClaus

But what is the actual file size?  A 1080 jpg could be a few hundred K while the same as a png could be multiple megabytes.

The bottom line here, I think, is that the server is failing to re-size the image as the app is requesting and sending the entire thing instead.  Some of these Rokus simply cannot handle that.

Phuein

The media cache files are <1mb jpgs, so that's not the issue.

Again, all these items were displaying just fine up until recently - a few days back. I recall updating emby recently, so it seems to coincide.

The media cache files are

Again, all these items were displaying just fine up until recently - a few days back. I recall updating emby recently, so it seems to coincide.

What is the file size of the original image, please?

Also, can you turn on debug logging on your server, restart the server, then reproduce the problem on the Roku and post that server log?

Thanks.

Phuein

What original image? I didn't put my own image there. This is from emby's metadata fetcher. From IMDB. How do I find that specific image on my emby server?

Happy2Play

What original image? I didn't put my own image there. This is from emby's metadata fetcher. From IMDB. How do I find that specific image on my emby server?

Do you store images with media?  If so what size are the images in the media folder?

Happy2Play

I don't. emby saves those fetched images into the server folders, somewhere.

\metadata\library\xx\itemid folders

Phuein

109 folders in that "xx" part. Not very user friendly. Also, "itemid" isn't clear, as every image has 2 serial strings in the url. Need to be a webdev' just to find that. All in all, this is not the right path for solution. The images are fine. They worked fine before. They are not "too big" and so on.

Happy2Play

109 folders in that "xx" part. Not very user friendly. Also, "itemid" isn't clear, as every image has 2 serial strings in the url. Need to be a webdev' just to find that. All in all, this is not the right path for solution. The images are fine. They worked fine before. They are not "too big" and so on.

Well I could say it is your Roku as mine doesn't do this, but others have seen this and it was determined to be a issue with images sizes.  So without specific information it will almost be impossible to determine your issue.

Those itemid correspond with the url you see in the web browser when you look at media.

Specific example of original files

5b3a88199bc8c_example.jpg

Happy2Play

Fair enough. backdrop.jpg is 362kb and landscape.jpg is 586kb. Is that too much for Roku?

Are all your backdrop dimensions 1920X1080 or less?  I know TMDB can provide larger images (A maximum resolution of 3840x2160).  

Peterw0163

Here is another EMBY log file as you asked for showing the ROKU Flashing Problem. I have found it even flashes when you have the EXIT EMBY App on the screen. Hope the log helps. As I posted earlier my problem shows on the Roku Express but works fine on the Roku 3, guess there's less resources on the Express. Also concerning the flashing Background images, it seems to be trying to display these even though in the Roku settings I have chosen No Background Images.

Emby log with ROKU Flashing.txt

Edited by Peterw0163
  • Like 1

rottonpeech

As mentioned in my other post about the server crashing, I just added the EmbyServerBeta 3.4.1.24 beta to see if the crashing issue was resolved for me, and so far it seems to be a bit more stable, however, this issue is back in the beta. It was resolved for me in the current released docker (emby/embyserver:latest), is now back in the beta.

Happy2Play

As mentioned in my other post about the server crashing, I just added the EmbyServerBeta 3.4.1.24 beta to see if the crashing issue was resolved for me, and so far it seems to be a bit more stable, however, this issue is back in the beta. It was resolved for me in the current released docker (emby/embyserver:latest), is now back in the beta.

What is your Roku app version?

Hi.  There are multiple logs and multiple clients accessing Emby Server in the large log so it is very hard for me to decipher where this issue is occurring.

Would it be possible to get you to re-start the server and recreate the problem without anyone else doing anything against the server and then post that one log?

Thanks.

@@ebr could the be a difference in beta server and beta app?  Do they need to be the same?

No, no changes in the app should affect this issue at this point.

Peterw0163

With the latest Roku Beta 3 v88 it appears to make the Flashing issue worse, flashing even on the Home screen. Again this is only on the Roku EXPRESS  not the Roku 3.