Backup and Restore - Empty data?

thekingswolf

thekingswolf

using plugin version 1.2.2.0.  When i run the backup process, it creates all the folders and files and so forth, but the data files seem empty.  For example in the library>Collections folder i have 3 files. 

• boxsets.collection file that is 0kb file size and contains no data when i open with a text editor
  • collections.mblink file that is 1kb file size and only contains an explorer location for the path of my original folder (C:\Users\TKW\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections)
  • options.xml file with basic formatting code.

I don't feel like this is going to actually restore my collections and library from just this data.  Do i have to manually back up my collections folder as well?  

Happy2Play

The plugin was created to backup your server configuration. There are feature requests to do Collections also.

thekingswolf

ah.  if I just make a copy of the above listed folder, can i just put it back when I install a fresh server?  I actually tried moving the folder to a different location so I wouldn't have to worry about it, but it didn't work well.  I couldn't remove the old location and it didn't work right.  I ask the above because I was experimenting and deleted the folder, and all my collections went away.  Then I put the folder back but the collections didn't return, i had to manually make them again.  I spent quite a bit of time building collections, i want to make sure i'm backing up what I need to do a proper restore.