Collections/Boxsets issue

jonomite

jonomite

I have a number of collections with overlapping movies. I noticed recently that Emby for Kodi doesn't appear to display those overlapping movies in both collections/boxsets - it displays the movie only once in one of the collections. I have tried refreshing the boxsets from the Addon settings as well as triggering updates from the Emby web app to ensure there isn't a sync issue. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks!

Angelblue05

Yep, Kodi only supports one boxset per movie title and I don't know if they'll change that for Leia. I've checked nested boxsets, but it is only so boxsets can be contained within boxsets. :(

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

Is it possible to specify which boxset kodi will load, or is it just done alphabetically? For example, I have a boxset for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but the auto-box set plugin for kodi automatically creates a boxset for Captain america, thereby removing my captain america movies from my MCU box-set. I'd like kodi to ignore the captain america box-set, and just load the MCU one, but I haven't figured out how.

For now, I've just deleted the auto-boxset plugin, and removed the box-sets I don't want, but I now lose the ability to have the collections created automatically for other movies.

Angelblue05

That is correct. It will assign the last boxset encountered, assigned to the title.

With Emby for Kodi, the solution would be doing a dynamic listing for boxsets only. But then, you'd find yourself with a separated list just for collections, a bit like the emby-collections library section.

feerlessleadr

Thanks all - I figured that.

@ - I actually use both emby for kodi and embycon. I use emby for kodi when I'm playing media locally, and embycon when I'm traveling (which is quite often now, bleh)

jonomite

For anyone who's curious, my solution to this was to create a custom menu item that points to Embycon's boxsets.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1