Hitting the record button doesn't always result in recording

heula

heula

Because I needed to test some things with Live TV and Recording I ran into this new issue.

My HDHomerun tuner has 4 tuners so I am able to watch and record from 4 tuners. When I go into the guide and randomly choose 4 tv shows that are now playing to record I have noticed that just two tv shows are really recording and two tv shows are not recording at all.

The guide shows me 4 recording icons so when I did not check the recording folder I hadn't see this right away. Now I only saw two recordings instead of 4.

I tested several times and it happened not just one time. Sometimes it just does not record at all until the Emby Server is restarted.

Can this be investigated? I need to rely on a working recordings system.

See the red recording icons here.

1Ale9wh.jpg

The recordings tab only shows two

I8xngz0.jpg

This is the recording folder. Also only two recordings.

NiTm9a1.jpg

embyserver.txt

Edited by heula

heula

Were these emby recordings, or with a plugin?

Emby recordings. No longer using the dvblink plugin.

Perhaps the same issue as here?

heula

At this moment there are two recordings going on but the dashboard etc. are unreachable.

This I have seen more the last few days.

Can't watch anything with the Kodi apps on Android and iPad as well.

Can't restart the server because of the recordings.

Is it possible to restart the server without breaking the recordings?

embyserver.txt

Edited by heula

Well, you'd end up with two recording files, because after restarting it would resume recording to a new file.

heula

Well, you'd end up with two recording files, because after restarting it would resume recording to a new file.

I know that. But maybe it would be possible in the future to restart the server without breaking the recordings. When the recordings are in process and the server is for whatever reason unavailable it is useless to watch anything with Emby on PC, tablet or phone.

The most simple solution when the server is unreachable is to restart it. But only when possible.

heula

Just tried again to do multiple one time recordings at the same time. I have now 6 recording icons in the guide but only two are really recording.

No warnings after 4 recordings there are no more tuners available?

qz4Rzdm.jpg

DgHqyi9.jpg

embyserver.txt

The warnings you mentioned are something we're planning on for the future as part of improved conflict management. Thanks.

• Like 1