Live TV - M3u - .TS file sources failing to load randomly until server restart

jangle

jangle

Good Afternoon All,

Version: 

Windows 7 64

i7 16Gb Ram

I have the Live - TV running with no issues but then after say 7 channels the 8th channel even though working refuses to show up all we see is a spinning circle.

No channel will load until I restart the server I have check the logs and you can see it transcoding but nothing shows up.

I have turned off Hardware transcoding.

Looking for ideas as it has only started recently.

Regards,

Stuart

revengineer

I am glad I am not the only one with this issue. I did not report it so far because I did not have the time to document it. I let @@jangle document the issue but I describe here my symptoms. The issue seems to be triggered by some but not all m3u streams. However, once a "bad" m3u has triggered the issue, even previously well playing m3u streams no longer work. Moreover, stream from an HD Homerun will no longer play either while I have never observed an HD Homerun stream trigger the issue. Now that I can shutdown and restart emby without restarting the server hardware (thank you again @Luke), I found that simply restarting emby does not fix the issue. I have to completely restart the hardware to solve the problem. There is very little information in the log files; most telling is that ones the issue is triggered no more transcode logs are created. The issue is so easily reproducible that I had to disable live TV viewing through emby for my family.

Edited by revengineer

These things are almost always stream-dependent therefore his issue is likely different from yours.

jangle

Good Afternoon Luke/revengineer

The description offered by revengineer is true to me if I hit a stream that appears to fail that would appear to stop all other streams even patiently waiting it fails to resolve itself.

I have to go to manage server and hit restart and all is well until a failed stream is hit.

I will upload data shortly.

Can you also attach the emby server log that is associated with this? Thanks.

EmbyServer Log

This doesn't appear to match the ffmpeg log because I don't see the playback activity. Can you repeat the test to reproduce the problem, and then capture both logs at the same time? Thanks.

jangle

So it would appear to fail if the stream fails normally it would have a pop up but it just sits there with the spinning wheel.

However if I press record a file with video and order is created but nothing is displayed.

LOG20180517.txt

LOG220180517.txt

revengineer

These things are almost always stream-dependent therefore his issue is likely different from yours.

@@Luke, I reproduced the issue and the files are attached. The issue is reproduced in Log1.txt. I played  a number of M3U streams through 16:20 and that worked fine. Then I tried again several streams at 16:48 and none of them played. To prove that this is not a bad m3u stream, I tried a stream from my HD Homerun at 16:50 and it also would not play. To prove that the HD Homerun is rock solid, I restarted emby server and tried the HD Homerun stream again and it worked. This restart is included in Log2.txt. For the instances where no streams where played, there are no transcode log files. The attached is the complete log set.

I see there was no additional feedback following jangle's last log posting. I would appreciate a response that you looked at these file. I spend quite a bit of my available free time to track down these issue, and it is only worth my time if I get a response. Thank you.

Log1.txt

Log2.txt

revengineer

Happened again this morning. I scheduled several shows for recording over night. The first one had an issue an hung up emby. As a result, I missed out on three other shows. Restarting emby solved the issue again. I am inclined to believe that a complete server restart as reported in post #3 is not required.

This issue is difficult to work around on my end, so I am hoping for a review and fix of the issue. I understand that m3u stream can be unstable and a given recording may not succeed. However, this behavior should not affect future recordings.

I am not including new logs, the above should suffice.

jangle

I originally thought it was getting stuck when the feed failed to provide service but sometimes I get a failure notification and other times I don't and I refresh the browser and it starts again and I can select another channel and eventually it will load.

However if I now restart the server from the UI the process stays running and fails to shutdown and therefore the new process never loads so it crashes and I have to end task and reload from fresh.

revengineer

To be clear, in my case reloading the web interface does not fix the issue, and streams do not eventually start in my case either (although I have a patience timeout of 1 minute). I do not think it has to do with patience though because scheduled recordings do not work either. In any case without dev review this is going nowhere.

@@Luke, I reproduced the issue and the files are attached. The issue is reproduced in Log1.txt. I played  a number of M3U streams through 16:20 and that worked fine. Then I tried again several streams at 16:48 and none of them played. To prove that this is not a bad m3u stream, I tried a stream from my HD Homerun at 16:50 and it also would not play. To prove that the HD Homerun is rock solid, I restarted emby server and tried the HD Homerun stream again and it worked. This restart is included in Log2.txt. For the instances where no streams where played, there are no transcode log files. The attached is the complete log set.

I see there was no additional feedback following jangle's last log posting. I would appreciate a response that you looked at these file. I spend quite a bit of my available free time to track down these issue, and it is only worth my time if I get a response. Thank you.

Ok, please try this again with the next release of Emby Server, thanks.

jangle

Please can you advise when this will be as I am currently running the beta to see if this aids in resolving the issue.

We're not able to offer ETA's sorry. It will be in the next release of Emby Server. Thanks.

revengineer

Ok, please try this again with the next release of Emby Server, thanks.

Many thanks @@Luke. I am travel yet again, but will give the beta a try next weekend when I return home. I will report back at that time.

• 3 months later...
Guest Normal

I have the same issue on 3.5.3.0.

Streams only show the spinning cycle - for about 5 complete minutes - then the stream starts with 5 minutes delay.

Everytime I click a stream. VLC Media Player starts this streams instantly

This is my m3u list which I added as TV Tuner:

https://pastebin.com/r5AuzAuS

kikinjo

Server log? Ffmpeg log?

This issue is actual since January, reported by 20+ users. I have started 2 different threads about it, and you are still asking for

same logs? What about already reported logs on this issue? Sent you 3 different iptv m3u lists on private on which you didn't even

respond, or did with response its your iptv provider.

Well, breaking news, it isn't provider since streams working fine in all other apps. Been troubleshooting this form months

and the best conclusion is that iptv with m3u completely stops if ET or browser don't like the specific stream. All other (previously)

working streams are not working until you restart emby server.

Either dedicate time for this or remove m3u tuner completely it because it is not working, so emby premiere users like me will know

what to get when they pay for premiere subscription.