Library Scans seem to take forever.

ShadowKindjal
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ShadowKindjal

I recently experienced an issue with the movies section of my server and required me to remove and add it back to the server. The problem I'm having is that the library scan seems to go on for hours at a time but the progress percentage doesn't seem to change. My last scan ran for sixteen hours and failed because I ended up stopping it after it no longer seemed to be making any progress. The reason I stopped it was because the new TV Shows that had been added while it was scanning the movie library weren't being recognized by Emby so I figured I'd just restart the server and scan the TV Show library independently but now even that seems to be stuck at 92%. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'm running Ubuntu 16.04. I also checked the CPU usage during the TV Show library scan and all 16 cores of my CPU are constantly pegged between 60%-70% as well.

Log.txt

Edited by nharmon

• Solution

Hi, to improve the performance of your library scan, consider removing these plugins:

Open Subtitles 1.0.1.0
	IMVDb 1.0.0.0
	Roku Thumbnails 3.1.5.0
	Anime 1.2.6.0
	Statistics 2.0.4.5
	Messages 1.0.0.0
	Studio Cleaner 3.1.4.0
	Email Notifications 3.1.3.0
	Auto Box Sets 1.1.3.0

Thanks.

• Like 1

Okeur75

Hi,

You can also take a look at how your library is organized.

I discovered that it's not a good idea to put all your movies in the same folder. Instead, create a directory for each movie.

-Movies

--- Aeon Flux

------ Aeon Flux.avi

--- Babar

------ Babar.avi

For the full explanation and tests, see here : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56066-solved-slow-library-scan/