Live TV - M3u - .TS file sources failing to load randomly until server restart

jangle

I'm saying the answer is probably a custom user agent, which is available on the m3u settings page. It's possible they are rejecting based on other http request headers, but most likely it is the user agent.

Guest Normal

This is not the problem.

Tested multiple user agents from here

https://deviceatlas.com/blog/list-of-user-agent-strings

and here

https://udger.com/resources/ua-list

Spinning wheel is still my best friend.

If this feature is not working for a year soon I would suggest completely removing it until it works.

You should really test it yourself ... forget the logs. They do not seem to help you at all.

Edited by Normal

This is not the problem.

Tested multiple user agents from here

https://deviceatlas.com/blog/list-of-user-agent-strings

and here

https://udger.com/resources/ua-list

Spinning wheel is still my best friend.

If this feature is not working for a year soon I would suggest completely removing it until it works.

You should really test it yourself ... forget the logs. They do not seem to help you at all.

I'm talking about EODCrafter's iptv.

EODCrafter

In EODCrafter's case, his iptv provider is sending back a 403 response code saying Forbidden.

Why are they doing this? That question is specific to every provider. Sometimes customizing the user agent field can help fool them.

Tell us how to customize that field please.....

Ok now I'm confused. Not important. I will just wait for an update and until it's working.

That probably will not happen without some level of working together.

Tell us how to customize that field please.....

The user agent is how emby server presents itself to your iptv provider. So for example, if you wanted to make it present like the chrome browser on windows, you could enter:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.16 Safari/537.36

EODCrafter

I sent more logs that show 1 channel not working and the other channel working.....

Guest Normal

I don't know how many times to repeat that:

the best way would be if you test it yourself with the provided m3u lists / links of us.

Because you have all sources you could discover the problem in a few days - I BET it!

People are already angry because of the way you ask information all the time which do not seem to help at all.

This to me sounds like that nearly (sorry for that):

"If nobody helps us finding bugs we produced, we won't fix them".

This is more than a shame in my opinion.

btw: user agent "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.16 Safari/537.36" not working.

The bug is not fixed using another user agent.

Edited by Normal

EODCrafter

The user agent is how emby server presents itself to your iptv provider. So for example, if you wanted to make it present like the chrome browser on windows, you could enter:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.16 Safari/537.36

Didn't work unless I need to reload all the guides and the m3u...How do we fool it into thinking it's MPV or VLC? Those both work flawlessly.

Edited by EODCrafter

That's not the case at all. IPTV is different from any other feature because these things vary per provider, per stream. That is what I have been trying to say this whole time.

Didn't work unless I need to reload all the guides and the m3u...How do we fool it into thinking it's MPV or VLC? Thos both work flawlessly.

I didn't say that it would work. I just said that it is something you could try. Maybe there is another user agent that your iptv provider will accept. Or maybe something else in our request headers needs adjustment.

Guest Normal

I'm still 100% sure it's Embys fault. VLC works fine.

Default VLC user agent is "vlc X.Y.0-git-20100330-0003" and doesn't work either so .... (X Y for the version)

Looking into your code would maybe let you see how to resolve the problem  -_-

Edited by Normal

I'm still 100% sure it's Embys fault. VLC works fine.

I am sure there is something we can adjust in the request headers, but until we work together, nothing will get solved.

I am going to lock this thread. If anyone is having an issue, please feel free to send me a sample m3u and I am happy to personally test it. Thanks !