Scanning Libraries Not Using Local Metadata

ulrick65

ulrick65

Due to the issue of using the old repo and then updating with the deb package, I ended up removing all my libraries and then recreating them.  In the process, I noticed (as I was monitoring the log pretty heavility) that it goes out to the internet to get the information for each media item.

I was thinking that since I have .nfo files for everything local, why wouldn't it just read those to create what it needs?

Not a huge deal, but it does take a lot longer I would think...I am more curious then anything.  Maybe there is a setting I should have turned on/off first or something?

Thanks.

Hi, local metadata always gets priority. Why do you feel that it isn't being used?

ulrick65

Hi, local metadata always gets priority. Why do you feel that it isn't being used?

It is getting used for the library...not an issue.  I was just wondering why when I add a new library it goes to the internet for data on each item as it is scanning rather than simply scanning the local .nfo files.  When I added back my libraries I was watching the log file and noticed that it searches each item on the internet is all.  I thought it would be faster if it just read the .nfo files to add the items to the database.  Just curious...there is no problem here.

It does both. It uses your local metadata and supplements with internet metadata. You can always turn off internet metadata for a library if you prefer.