Video not smooth only while using Bluetooth

othercents

othercents

From the same device using 3.8.34 with the same video and same playback settings, if I connect my Bluetooth headset to my device it seams like I'm dropping frames and the video is no longer smooth.  However If I attach a wired headset or use the speakers on the device I get clean smooth playback.  I can pause the playback switch headsets and hit play again and the video playback will change accordingly.  I believe this has been happening since the last update in December.  Doesn't matter if I'm remote, local, or what stream setting it is set to.

Device: LG G Pad X8.0

Model#: LG-V521

Android Version: 7.0

Kernel Version: 3.10.84

• Like 1

MKANET

I've had video stuttering constantly for the last several weeks on Emby Android mobile.  I didn't realize Bluetooth was causing this issue (since I always use Bluetooth when watching TV on my mobile android device).  As soon as I disabled Bluetooth, the video was smooth again.

I've been using the external player option to avoid this issue; however, it doesn't have the ability to tell Emby it's last played position; nor, if the show is "watched" or not.

Edited by MKANET

• 3 weeks later...
MKANET

Is there a way to revert back to a version that doesnt have this issue?  I tried both the android beta testers version and the public version. 

• 7 months later...
tristanjacquel

Same issue here Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SD652) and Honor Note 8. Video has low framerate while listening with Bluetooth headphones (Sony XB950B1). I don't get the issue with any other app. Emby app on Xiaomi Mi 8 with Bluetooth is fine also.

As a test, if you lower the quality setting in the app, or directly in the video player, does this help?

tristanjacquel

I set the quality to 360p in the player and playback remains non smooth with bluetooth on (Tab S2). Can I provide any other info ?

andersonrs45

Eu também estou enfrentando o mesmo problema. Já fiz o testes em vários dos meus dispositivos e o problema persiste apenas para fones bluethoot.

andersonrs45

Poderia ter opção de configurar sincronia de áudio (atrasar ou adiantar) para dispositivos bluethoot assim como no aplicativo VLC android. 

Edited by andersonrs45

jhschulz

Additionally to the video not being smooth with bluetooth, audio and video are not synced correctly. The audio is behind the video, probably because bluetooth has a delay.

If I watch the same video with MX Player, video and audio are correctly synced with bluetooth. I can see the video stopping for a second or so immediately after the start to get video and audio synced. (That's why I still use MX Player instead of Android Mobile...)

Could that be the reason for the non smooth video in Android Mobile? The "video playback library" used by Android Mobile knows about the bluetooth delay and stops the video to sync video and audio, but Android Mobile "thinks" this is wrong and forces the video to jump to the "correct" position. This repeats over and over again, resulting in the non smooth video (stop, jump, stop, jump,...) and the non synced audio!?

We've found the cause and fix, but it's going to take a bit of time because the fix could wind up creating new problems. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Mapleine

Hello, sorry to be a bother but I seem to be having this issue on the Android app (3.0.82). I tried a zillion transcoding options (and all in-app options as well) only to find out the moment I shut off my BT headphones on my tablet my video stopped having a slight skip every few seconds. I can use wired headphones, but it's a bit of a pain so if there's any way around this issue I'd love to know.

Thank you.

Edited by Mapleine