Fire TV Selectable timeout for the "are you experiencing problems"-message

MarcWinter

MarcWinter

Hello,

I noticed a strange behavior every now and then when playing back media: I open the FireTV App, select a movie and hit play. The screen goes blank showing the rotating wait-circle. After a while I get a message asking if I'm experiencing playback-errors (with still the wait-circle in the background), then the movie starts and I have to answer the "Errors?"-question with no. After that everything works fine.

It took me a bit of reserach to find out that this is due to the harddisks of my NAS being in powersave when I start the movie. As the movies are stored on the NAS while the database and emby server reside on the local ssd of the server, emby can build the whole interface without accessing the NAS so the HDDs are spinned down despite me having used the interface before. They seem to be triggered when I hit "play". Then the discs spin up (taking about 10 to 15 seconds as it's an 5-disc RAID5-array), resulting in the described behavior.

It would be really nice, if users could set a custom timeout for the "Error?"-message. In my case about 5 seconds more would solve this.

Marc