Emby Server 3.4.0.0 keeps crashing

Lane03

Lane03

Was adding a few movies to the libraries and emby froze. Now if I restart the server I can get to emby settings but once I click on a library to view movies the server doesn't display any titles and locks up. I've also gotten the error "A new guard page for the stack cannot be created". Attached is a server log. Any help would be appreciated. I've already tried rebooting the server, re-scanning all libraries, and installing the server application again.

Log.txt

Edited by Lane03

Lane03

Thanks. Are there database changes with 3.4.0.0 compared to 3.3.1.0? I've read in the past that there can be issues when downgrading the server. All I did to downgrade was replace the system folder. I don't use any plugins for what that's worth.

Lane03

Ok, so is it safe for me to stick with 3.3.1 for now or should I try upgrading to 3.4?

stony79

Just to let you know, I had the same problem and did also a rollback to 3.3.1.0

the issue was, that the backend works well and everything is fine until you start anything to play.

ffmpeg is running but you have no connection to emby anymore

I use emby on a windows server 2016. I tried the installer and the standalone version of 3.4.0.0 but both the same problem and also with a clean new installation

unfortunately I had to re-import the database completely

I am now considering whether I should set up a second server to check the version updates in the future. I hope that the problem will be solved with the next version, because I would like to use the new version.

And at the same time a short thank you for the great support that is provided here and also for the fantastic working software.

Pelon

The server has become completely unresponsive after the upgrade to 3.4.

I have rebooted the server (computer) many times, there is no task running.

If I open either the collections or playlists, it times out with a volley error.

This happens in any client, even using the localhost. 

I created a lot of collections that have a lot of items, that are not regular collections, for example an 80's movies collections. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pvofl0IvOiIS7DMSWfbr3koKa9W_o44_

Edited by Pelon

Pelon

Just to let you know, I had the same problem and did also a rollback to 3.3.1.0

the issue was, that the backend works well and everything is fine until you start anything to play.

ffmpeg is running but you have no connection to emby anymore

I use emby on a windows server 2016. I tried the installer and the standalone version of 3.4.0.0 but both the same problem and also with a clean new installation

unfortunately I had to re-import the database completely

I am now considering whether I should set up a second server to check the version updates in the future. I hope that the problem will be solved with the next version, because I would like to use the new version.

And at the same time a short thank you for the great support that is provided here and also for the fantastic working software.

It looks like this is a common issue. I have the same issue, and I have shared my log in another topic. 

Some issue, after the upgrade, the system becomes very slow, in any player/browser, if I try to play anything, it fails, then it slows down even more, up to the point where sometimes the app crashes.

The server has become completely unresponsive after the upgrade to 3.4.

I have rebooted the server (computer) many times, there is no task running.

If I open either the collections or playlists, it times out with a volley error.

This happens in any client, even using the localhost. 

I created a lot of collections that have a lot of items, that are not regular collections, for example an 80's movies collections. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pvofl0IvOiIS7DMSWfbr3koKa9W_o44_

Do you have any oddly setup playlists? Like playlists containing folders?

I have IPTV playlists. They used to work fine before.

what is added to them?

Pelon

By going into IPTV, going into a channel, and instead of clicking play, selecting the 3 dots, and in the menu selecting, add to playlist.

It actually works fine 3.3.1.0, but if this is what breaks my system, I can do without those playlists. For now I'm back at 3.3.1.0, It feels so nice when it is fast.

I've posted 3.4.1. The collection related crashes should be resolved with that.

Pelon

I updated the server to 3.4.1.0, and then ran the scan library twice. I still have issues with playlists, and it does become slow.

I also deleted all of the collections, so the only collections that I have right now are the collections created automatically by the plug-in. I deleted the IPTV playlists, so now I only have conventional playlists made of movies.

embyserver.txt

Pelon

The server is slow, specially with the Nvidia Shield. It takes a long time to open the playlists. and then the playlist won't play, I only get a volley error. If I cast to the Shield, the playlist do work.

I downgraded again to 3310, and everything is fast again, and playlist work on the Shield.

Also Kodi on the Shield, fails the sync on 3401, and it crashes, It syncs again on 3310.

Ok, I've already made some changes in the beta channel and I don't think this will happen with the next release, thanks.