Subtitles support issue

Ausley

Ok thanks for the sample. I'm playing these with the web app in Chrome and they seem to be fine. I changed subtitle burn mode setting for the web app to force them to be burned in with server transcoding, 

At least as far as I can tell, this looks good, right?

5af12d4fd071b_Untitled.png

@@ebr can test these on android tv and let you know what he thinks. Thanks.

Ausley

How can I change subtitle burn mode setting for the web app to force them to be burned in with server transcoding?

I just found if I use ass subtitle file, transcoding will be implemented because subtitle format is not supported when I play with web app. And one more question, when it's tanscoding, audio becomes mp3. Can I setup audio as pass though to let my device decodes?

5af135a779be0_.png

Ok thanks for the sample. I'm playing these with the web app in Chrome and they seem to be fine. I changed subtitle burn mode setting for the web app to force them to be burned in with server transcoding, 

At least as far as I can tell, this looks good, right?

5af12d4fd071b_Untitled.png

@@ebr can test these on android tv and let you know what he thinks. Thanks.

Edited by Ausley

They display fine in the Android TV app (they are burned in by server).

How can I change subtitle burn mode setting for the web app to force them to be burned in with server transcoding?

I just found if I use ass subtitle file, transcoding will be implemented because subtitle format is not supported when I play with web app. And one more question, when it's tanscoding, audio becomes mp3. Can I setup audio as pass though to let my device decodes?

5af135a779be0_.png

No you can't because web browsers don't support eac3. The best thing to do is just press play and enjoy the show. Emby will bring it to you in the best way possible for the device that you're using.