3.4.0.0 and Collections

RobWayBro
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Realy nice and i buy yesterday Emby Premiere :angry: 

and now i need to delete collections

Hi, you don't need to delete them. Just run a library scan and then check your Emby user permissions to make sure the users you want have access to the Collections library. Apologies for the disruption.

EliteCube

Hi, you don't need to delete them. Just run a library scan and then check your Emby user permissions to make sure the users you want have access to the Collections library. Apologies for the disruption.

Yes, but if I set user permissions under Movies > collections TAB no more collections are visible.

I sacrificed my last weekend to create all the collections... I understand this update.

How i can downgrade to the last 3.3 Server? Its better first to test updates befor you tag it "stabil"

Im Premiere User

Yes, but if I set user permissions under Movies > collections TAB no more collections are visible.

I sacrificed my last weekend to create all the collections... I understand this update.

How i can downgrade to the last 3.3 Server? Its better first to test updates befor you tag it "stabil"

Im Premiere User

What are you trying to do exactly? The server has created a new library called Collections. You may just need to double check your permissions for each Emby user to make sure they can access that library, if you want them to be able to.

EliteCube

What are you trying to do exactly? The server has created a new library called Collections. You may just need to double check your permissions for each Emby user to make sure they can access that library, if you want them to be able to.

I do not want to have a library with "collections" globally for users and server / web (as under Emby-Server v3.3)

The collections are only for the respective library with its own tab "Collections" next to "Generes", "Favorites", etc

I have a lot of library and this unnecessary "own" library "collections" has no place here.

Finally, there are not too many garbage boxes like "Generals", "Trailer", etc.

What I want:

As it should be,

Only library I put on and in a library a tab "collections"

(As it was under> v3.3)

It should at least be set up for something like this setting with an options hack X this strange library is not created called "collections"

When I remove "collections" in the user rights, all collections have also disappeared in the "Collections" tab.

But I would like to have collections without a extra library on my dashboard !!

Edited by Seimann
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

This is a per user option in the next release, or you can set the option in app.emby.media as Luke has mentioned.

User icon-Home Screen or Dashboard-Users-select User-click Edit this user profile link-Home Screen

5aeba2229ae3f_collections.jpg

Currently in beta server and app.emby.media (Connect)

Just need a option for Camera Uploads also.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 3

EliteCube

This is a per user option in the next release, or you can set the option in app.emby.media as Luke has mentioned.

User icon-Home Screen or Dashboard-Users-select User-click Edit this user profile link-Home Screen

Thanks for your answer, now I have more clarity.

That I understand correctly: I need to connect my users to an online account and use the emby web app for this setting? and it does not work with local server settings?

that's sad :(

also i lose collections, i use only a local server without emby connect and app.emby.media

otherwise I could install plex, what i dont want

Happy2Play

Thanks for your answer, now I have more clarity.

That I understand correctly: I need to connect my users to an online account and use the emby web app for this setting? and it does not work with local server settings?

that's sad :(

also i lose collections, i use only a local server without emby connect and app.emby.media

otherwise I could install plex, what i dont want

No you as a admin can do it for them via the dashboard when you sign in via app.emby.media..  You don't have to use Connect, when you get to the login screen click Skip and enter you local connection data.

EliteCube

Wow 1 more bug now...

I cant create a new collection...
Library (named Movies) > Collections > + Icon (Add) > Name: American Pie Collection > X Download Images > Save

It open a link but i cant add movies and its not visible in Collections....
I do also Scan all library and its not visible...

Only one chance works:
Mark movies > click Add to Collection > New Collection (Only add new works a collaction named "American Pie" in not listed, but i create it?)
Now i have a Collection named "American Pie Collection" with the Add option under Collections Tab it dont work any more...

Also now i need to reset all users passwort to login an app.emby.media to disable the library "Collection" icon.
I have to give all users the new password. all users need to change the new passwort agine -.-

I do not understand this new feature update what that should bring. except trouble and problems + an useless library menu point called "collections"

and i support Emby LLC with money ...

Edit:

Its not visible but under: /var/lib/emby/data/collections
I have a folder with name "American Pie Collection [boxset]"

Edited by Seimann
  • Like 1

Wow 1 more bug now...

I cant create a new collection...

Library (named Movies) > Collections > + Icon (Add) > Name: American Pie Collection > X Download Images > Save

It open a link but i cant add movies and its not visible in Collections....

I do also Scan all library and its not visible...

Only one chance works:

Mark movies > click Add to Collection > New Collection (Only add new works a collaction named "American Pie" in not listed, but i create it?)

Now i have a Collection named "American Pie Collection" with the Add option under Collections Tab it dont work any more...

Also now i need to reset all users passwort to login an app.emby.media to disable the library "Collection" icon.

I have to give all users the new password. all users need to change the new passwort agine -.-

I do not understand this new feature update what that should bring. except trouble and problems + an useless library menu point called "collections"

and i support Emby LLC with money ...

Edit:

Its not visible but under: /var/lib/emby/data/collections

I have a folder with name "American Pie Collection [boxset]"

Apologies for the disruption. This is happening because we have logic that says only show collections to users that have at least one item visible for that user. so if you create an empty collection, that's why it's getting accidentally hidden.

We'll look at this for the next release. The simple workaround for now is to create a collection using the "Add to Collection" menu option.

• Like 1

pir8radio

I wouldn't mind a global hide function under the dashboard/library  that globally hides this.   Or some kind of global user settings would be nice. :-)

• Like 1

EliteCube

Apologies for the disruption. This is happening because we have logic that says only show collections to users that have at least one item visible for that user. so if you create an empty collection, that's why it's getting accidentally hidden.

We'll look at this for the next release. The simple workaround for now is to create a collection using the "Add to Collection" menu option.

Thank you.

And disable in the next release please the dashboard menu library "Collactions" global!!!! or at least add a setting in the server dashboard, and im realy happy with emby!

Edited by Seimann
  • Like 1

Davco

Hi, a few remarks. This change with the collections  display is one of the little things that annoy me with Emby. Little things that annoy me in the sense that we impose things without even talking about it before and this is not the first time. Just to see that this bores some people, for various reasons, myself included. Everyone configures his server as he likes, and overnight, without consultation, we jostle habits. So yes, there is a workaround, but for that, you must read the forum because it is not said in the changelog/Annonce. Which basic user can guess that by going to app. Emby. Media, it will be able to change the display when it can not do it directly in the server? I am personally in the same case as @, I never go to this address and I do not use Emby Connect, I only use Server or applications (Windows Store, Desktop). So I find strange that a display change can be done in a Web App, and not directly in the server that is yet the mother of all things. 

I love Emby, but this kind of stuff annoys me, irritates me, irritates me...  :angry:  :D

I understand the approach, I belive understand why this change (before the management of the display was a bit confusing, complicated with the notions of folders, libraries etc...). It seems to be moving towards simplification. What I regret is that the changes are made without prior discussion, imposed, when they are not fully implemented, since we cannot make any adjustments directly in the server, which is the most logical. It does not seem normal to me that such a change, incomplete, is released in the stable version of the server. 

There is no dead man, but... I do not know if I said it irritates me?

I am so angry that at the time of change, I bought a Lifetime subscription, after 2 or 3 years of annual subscription   :D

• Like 2

Happy2Play

@@Davco

As stated in other topics this was an oversight and is resolved in the next release.  app.emby.media allows you to use beta fixes on your stable release.  So it just a temporary workaround if you want to adjust the setting now.

And there is a lot of discussion in the testing area of the forum.

Davco

@@Davco

As stated in other topics this was an oversight and is resolved in the next release.  app.emby.media allows you to use beta fixes on your stable release.  So it just a temporary workaround if you want to adjust the setting now.

The average user does not spend time in the tests section. What I particularly regret is to launch something in a stable version, when there is such a major oversight. I use this workaround, but it's illogical: The server must prime above all.
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

Always looking for more beta testers. :D 

• Like 1

EliteCube

@@Davco

This is a case requiring a quick bugfix within the next ~ 3 days. in such a case it can not be that one ~ 1 month to wait for the next stable release (which I suspect here now)

I'm a web developer for business, if I did something like that, hell would be open if there's no update / bugfix available in the next 48 hours :D

Askbruzz

Hello, just a question.  With last version it's possible to read a dvd iso? because i have 3 iso but when i click play nothing happen.

thanks.

hstamas

3.4.0.0 on Mac OS X - when clicking on Collections library it completely crashes the server.

• Like 1

Hjlfmir

Hello,

With this new version, is the Auto Box Sets plugin stil usefull ?

Thanks.

Deihnyx

Hello,

Like many other I'm having issues with my collections now. (Using Synology as server)

A few of my collections disappeared, I tried to recreate them, tried to add the movies that were previously in them, and the movies aren't being added. Since there's no movie, the collection also doesn't appear...

The folders for said collection appear in /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections

I tried to remove these "hidden" collections and recreate them... no luck. The movie are still tagged as being assigned in collection (it says so in the NFO of the movies at least...)

I'm so confused, how can I completely wipe clean all collections and start from scratch? I tried deleting the collection folder but it's recreated automatically...

Thanks!

Edited by Deihnyx

Hello,

With this new version, is the Auto Box Sets plugin stil usefull ?

Thanks.

Yes it can automatically create collections. Why do you ask?

Hello,

Like many other I'm having issues with my collections now. (Using Synology as server)

A few of my collections disappeared, I tried to recreate them, tried to add the movies that were previously in them, and the movies aren't being added. Since there's no movie, the collection also doesn't appear...

The folders for said collection appear in /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections

I tried to remove these "hidden" collections and recreate them... no luck. The movie are still tagged as being assigned in collection (it says so in the NFO of the movies at least...)

I'm so confused, how can I completely wipe clean all collections and start from scratch? I tried deleting the collection folder but it's recreated automatically...

Thanks!

Have you run a library scan?

Hjlfmir

Thanks Luke for your answer.

So you're saying that the plugin is still usefull to automatically create collection. The new Emby version can't do ?

Edited by Hjlfmir