User Setting showing another user partially watched?

RottingMeat

RottingMeat

For some reason I appear to be the only user that can see all partially watched videos from at least my wife's account.  It might be all user's partially watched videos.  I would like to not see this.  What setting is it that is showing this as it doesn't occur on my wife's login (thank god)?  I have tried toggling some of them (like control remote shared devices and control other users), but they didn't seem to change anything.  I'm losing my mind flagging things as watched.

Hi, we don't have any setting for this. I'd like to understand what you're seeing. Are you saying you're seeing your regular library content, except with your wife's watch data?

RottingMeat

Almost exactly as you describe, except I also see my watch data.  So when I log in and look in the "Continue Watching" area, I see some shows/movies I was watching and I also see movies my wife was partially watching a couple weeks ago and part of a show's episode that was fairly recent.  It may be an issue with multiple devices and how Emby is handling it on nVidia SATVs.  She primarily watches shows on two devices, transferring between the two when she watches in the bedroom doing laundry and listening on the living room TV when she's cooking dinner (yes, I did just say that).  The ironic thing is, this only happens on my login.  My dad does not see anyone else's watch data and thank god my daughters don't see our watch data.  I only see my wife's and she doesn't see mine.  Could it be because my account is the main management account as well (i.e. it's the one with "Allow this user to manage this server" setting)?  I could test this by making a separate "admin" account and then remove that setting from mine.  Maybe I could test it this weekend when I have more time and I can update this thread.  Cross user contamination of watch list does scare me though.

Hi, this really should never happen. Are you sure you didn't just watch it partially on your account?

If you go into continue watching and watch something until the end, using your account, does it get marked watched on both accounts or just yours?

What app is she using?  A couple of them have the option to mark other people as also watching.  Perhaps she did this?

RottingMeat

Apologies for the lack in replies, work has been crazy.

@@ebr - In this household there's two nVidia SATVs she would use.  Main Living room and Master bedroom.  Do you mean to say that on this version there might be the option to show partially watched on multiple user accounts?

@@Luke - It's funny you would mention this.  Her and I both use individual user accounts with passwords and when we watch something together (especially a series) it is 99% of the time with my account.  Because of this, she sometimes does go into my account absent-minded.  On the partially watched movies I could understand that.  On the series she is rewatching on her own I am not so sure about.  For example, I have all the episodes for BSG flagged as watched on my account.  I don't know why she would go into my account, manually hunt down the next episode, and start watching it.  Then come back later and finish the episode in her own login because it doesn't show it completed in mine.  Short reply on this, yes, entirely possible she went into my account accidentally and started watching a couple episodes from various shows and one movie.  On your other question about if I flag it watched in mine does it flag it watched in her account.  I am going to have to test this.  She's pretty good about not leaving unwatched shows and movies lingering.   She likes finishing things up.  In the past she hasn't complained about an episode just showing up watched already by me toggling the watched status to remove it from partially watched.  On a side note, she has mentioned seeing some content showing up from my login every now and then, but she just corrects it the same way.  I will have to investigate this as well because this was new to me.

Okay, the Android TV app does not have that option at this point.

It sounds like she is just watching stuff while logged into  your account...