Video Quality Options

ThermoDust
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

ThermoDust

This is a more of a visual issue as I'm sure the back-end is fine as I have no problems with buffering. Can we make it so the profile reflects the servers max bit-rate options?

For example, my network has a max 3Mbps out of network, some users are set for even lower, however the video quality in their profile is still as Auto and you can change it to a higher bit-rate. 

While I understand your request I think if we limited the options on the UI side, we (and you) would end up with a lot of problem reports about how people couldn't raise the bitrate beyond some arbitrarily (to them) low number even though the item in question has a higher bitrate.

ThermoDust

While I understand your request I think if we limited the options on the UI side, we (and you) would end up with a lot of problem reports about how people couldn't raise the bitrate beyond some arbitrarily (to them) low number even though the item in question has a higher bitrate.

Good point.Them changing that won't hurt how the server thinks will it? As right now if I don't manually set the bitrate it does Auto and it normally chooses a higher than outside networks are allowed bitrate.

• Solution

Anything the app puts in the request is a requested max value.  The server will only allow what you have allowed in settings.

• Like 1