Shield TV - Live TV not functioning

cbdudek

Sammy

@@ebr

LiveTV works fine for me on the ShieldTV using SiliconDust HDHR Prime CableCARD tuners, WMC7 and ServerWMC.

ServerWMC Recordings, while looking very promising with its categorization of Recorded Series, fails at actually playing back those series. Been patiently awaiting a fix for a few weeks now.

BTW, What's the set up for others having more issues?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

So is there a full plan of action, rather than just asking people to try the beta?

As people already in the beta aren't seeing any improvement, what plans are there for us?

Should we move our comments/thoughts to a new thread, or shall I create a new thread with mine, @@Spaceboy's, @@PenkethBoy's and other people's issues in it?

Some guidance would be appreciated please.

Thanks.

Each new beta I put out and ask you guys in the testing thread to try out Live TV on does something different.   Since I am not able to reproduce the problems you "across the pond" folks have, everything is essentially a shot in the dark.

The new issues reported by other folks were tracked down a few days ago and fixed in the current beta.  I believe this will solve the OP of this topic's problem as well.

There will be a new beta later today for you other guys to try with your long-standing problematic streams.  I will update you in the testing thread when it is available.

• Like 2

CBers

Each new beta I put out and ask you guys in the testing thread to try out Live TV on does something different.   Since I am not able to reproduce the problems you "across the pond" folks have, everything is essentially a shot in the dark.

The new issues reported by other folks were tracked down a few days ago and fixed in the current beta.  I believe this will solve the OP of this topic's problem as well.

There will be a new beta later today for you other guys to try with your long-standing problematic streams.  I will update you in the testing thread when it is available.

OK, thanks Eric.

Personally it's on HDHomeRun I'm having an issue with.

The HDHomeRun unit itself is running the latest beta firmware.

• Like 1

h.buckle

Could I make the suggestion again of having a proper bug tracker? Trying to track all these issues through multiple forum threads that may or may not refer to the same thing is just painful.

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

Dont hold your breath as you will be waiting a long time.

Its a basic need that for some reason the dev's dont want to do - would make everybody's life a lot easier

Senna
Personally it's on HDHomeRun I'm having an issue with.

Have some of you tried already to use DVBLink server (TVMosaic server now) or TVHeadend, to feed Emby with your HDHomeRun channels by m3u export from DVBLink/TVMosaic/TVHeadend, to compare Emby handling of the HDHomeRun channel by direct installation of it in Emby vs m3u feed ?

TVMosaic is an easy install with x days trial included and with it you can export your channels to m3u with tags for channel name, number, logo, type and tvg-id. For channel numbers into Emby, just replace the tag tvg-chno to channel-id. See also https://forum.tv-mosaic.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=246

cbdudek

Have some of you tried already to use DVBLink server (TVMosaic server now) or TVHeadend, to feed Emby with your HDHomeRun channels by m3u export from DVBLink/TVMosaic/TVHeadend, to compare Emby handling of the HDHomeRun channel by direct installation of it in Emby vs m3u feed ?

TVMosaic is an easy install with x days trial included and with it you can export your channels to m3u with tags for channel name, number, logo, type and tvg-id. For channel numbers into Emby, just replace the tag tvg-chno to channel-id. See also https://forum.tv-mosaic.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=246

Why go through this when you can just use an external player like vlc? I have been using that as a workaround and it works great.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Senna

Let me repeat myself:

... to compare Emby handling of the HDHomeRun channel by direct installation of it in Emby vs m3u feed...

cbdudek

Ok, I get it.  Your solution is just a bit heavy in terms of time to setup.  Just switching over to VLC takes a minute to do and you can see the difference right away.  To each their own.  So long as we can watch live TV through Emby, that is the goal.  I think everyone here would just prefer it to work without choosing a different video player or a .m3u feed.

• Like 1

We have improvements coming in the next release.  If you'd like to help test, please jump on the beta.

Thanks.