Roku Movie Selection Window Jumping Happening. I Have No Idea How To Fix It.

Arkieboy72472

Arkieboy72472

Every time I finish a movie, when I back out and go back to the "All Movies" screen, the screen will have a 1-2 second delay and then snap back to the top. It has never done this until this past week. Also, if I just got done watching a movie that is halfway down the list (I have 424 movies, so say the movie starts with the letter S), I can no longer scroll back up to the top (where the movies that start with the Letter A reside). This is a very annoying bug/glitch and I don't know where it came from or how to fix it.

What all information do you all need to help me?

Specs:

Server:

Windows 8.1

Emby Version 3.3.1.0

Device used: Roku Stick, Roku 2, Roku Premere +

Movie Section: 424 movies, various codecs

Problem Started: Since the beginning of last week

Edited by Arkieboy72472

Arkieboy72472

I just replicated it. Here is what happens in my best english:

I have 6 or so selections I can choose from on the top scroll. One is called Kids Movies. I select Kids Movies. I then select All Movies. This Folder has 424 movies in it. I scroll down and about at 124 or so (Kung Fu Panda on my server), it stops so it can load more movies. It has always done this. No big deal. In big lists of movies, there will be a few points I call breaking points where it loads up the next set of movies. This takes a few seconds. No big deal.

I scroll down to movie 184 or so, Madagascar. I select it and watch a few seconds of it. I back out pressing the back button to the All movies screen of this folder. After a 4 second pause, the screen jumps to the beginning K movie (Kung Fu Panda). Now, KFP is listed as the new first movie (1 of 424) and I can now no longer scroll back up. Formerly, the selector stayed with the last movie watched. No longer does this happen. If I am in mid-selection of my next movie during the 4 second pause, I now have no idea what the next movie will be.

Edited by Arkieboy72472

Arkieboy72472

Also, if I scroll down the rest of the way, my new library is the same set of movies replicated again and again until I get to 424. The device acts as if movies A-K don't exist. If I back out to the prior screen and then select "All Movies" again, the issue fixes itself. So, say the break is movie 184 (in my case K, and Kung Fu Panda), any movie I watch AFTER that break, the screen I get after I have watched that movie and went back to the All Movies screen will jump back to KFP after 4 seconds. If I watch a movie listed BEFORE that break, It jumps back to the first letter A movie I have. It does this every time on all devices without fail.

I even rebooted my roku and PC. No changes.

Arkieboy72472

NOTE:

Emby App Version 3.0 Build 74

Roku Version 8.0.1 build 4090-29

I hope this helps.

There are work-arounds, and this bug isn't a game breaker, but it damn sure is annoying. This is still better than PLEX. :-)

Edited by Arkieboy72472

Arkieboy72472

The Beta Fix Works. Whenever this gets ported to the main channel, let us know. I don't want to confuse the family with 2 emby channels and having to explain what a beta is and why it should be used. This stuff has to pass the wife test, you know.