Tuner not being released using iPad

w84no1

w84no1

When streaming live tv from my iPad, the tuner is not released when I stop the live tv stream. I have to go into the dashboard and reset the tuner if I want to change channels. The tuner is released fine when using Chrome on my desktop and on my Android phone.

krustyreturns

@@w84no1

This problem was reported early on with iphone too, I hadn't heard about it for a while so I thought it was resolved.  Check the serverwmc log after you close the stream on the ipad and see if you see a call to 'CloseLiveStream'. 

w84no1

I will check it when I get home.  Thanks for the quick response.  

Your plugin has allowed me to have Live TV throughout my house without any major investment.  In the kitchen I have an old 1st gen iPad that I wasn't using for anything, I have XBMC running on 4 Raspberry PIs in the kids rooms, a Xbox 360 in my bedroom and a WMC machine in the living room all sharing the same epg and recordings.  Time to upgrade my server :)

w84no1

I found it in the logs, I don't see any errors either.  Here is snippet.

2014/03/24 22:33:18.609	Received client request: MediaBrowser^@MEDIASERVER@0|CloseLiveStream
2014/03/24 22:33:18.610	CloseStream> -----------------start------------------------
2014/03/24 22:33:18.612	Close> closed stream for client: MediaBrowser^0
2014/03/24 22:33:18.613	CloseStream> -----------------done-------------------------
2014/03/24 22:33:18.613	Finished request CloseLiveStream in 0.00s

w84no1

Did some more testing and found something strange.  If I start streaming a live channel with my computer it shows on the dashboard as one client, so when I stop it releases the tuner.  But when I do the same with my iPad, it shows 3 clients and when I stop it closes one of the clients, but leaves the other 2 connected.  That is why the tuner is never released, it thinks there are 2 more clients left.

Let me know if you need the full log.

walshy002000

+1 Also having this issue, although I keep trying to use IE which doesn't seems to be working at all though so it's not just this :)

krustyreturns

@@w84no1,

That's a good find.  I would like to see the server log, and I'm sure Tikuf wants the other two (mbs and ffmpeg).

krustyreturns

You're right, mbs is asking for the live stream on that channel three times,.  Since serverwmc can't tell if mbs is asking for this stream for the one machine (eg. your ipad) or different machines, so it assumes it's different machines and it tries to grant all of them.  Since the channel is already open for the first call, it feeds the same channel stream back for the other two calls.  The only way to free the tuner is for mbs to send three corresponding close commands, but its only sending one.

I think Luke mentioned to me once that some browsers send the open command multiple times when they are analyzing the video stream, I think that's what's happening here.