how change the defaut theme ?

z3ndra

z3ndra
Hello

I would have liked to know how to choose our default theme for emby?

I chose the theme light and I chose to remove the tab display user settings.

except that when I disconnect, it automatically gives me the theme "very dark".

Thank you. :)

• Agree 1

z3ndra
yes I have it.

I finally found, I copied the css theme light in system files, and I put it in place of the very dark;)

so now, i search how, to automatically activate the background setting  without having to go to the settings?

Edited by z3ndra

Well you don't need to do that. You can just change the setting for each of your users. We don't currently have a setting to make a default but it's possible for the future.

z3ndra

thank you, but to be able to do that for each user, it is necessary that the button "display" is active? but I hide it.

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play

any chance to change theme by default for all users?

Depends on how they connect to your server.  If local or wan yes, via Connect no.

Apply custom css like this.

du31d

they dont use emby connect.

i want like to use WindowsMediaCenter theme by default! for all users. without change every user by hand.

Edited by du31d
  • Like 1

We don't currently have a way to set a default for all users, but it's likely for the future. thanks.

• 4 years later...
30000watts

I too want to be able to choose my own default theme. Probably Windows Media Center unless something better comes along. Users should still be able to customize their theme should they choose, but the default dark theme is ugly, and just sucks. Has any progress been made toward this patch? Thank you!

10 minutes ago, 30000watts said:

I too want to be able to choose my own default theme. Probably Windows Media Center unless something better comes along. Users should still be able to customize their theme should they choose, but the default dark theme is ugly, and just sucks. Has any progress been made toward this patch? Thank you!

Hi, no progress yet, but it's something we plan to add. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We plan to revamp user settings in future updates to allow for more server side control. Thanks.

• Like 1