Music Improvements

wedgekc

wedgekc

Although I primarily signed up for Emby for its video features, I have found myself trying to use the music features more and more.  Although, I generally like how Emby handles music, I find it lacking when compared to other options and find myself using my Airsonic server more than Emby.  I would like to use Emby as my only media server but have held back.  Here is a list of features/bugs that are, in my opinion,  keeping Emby from becoming a total solution.

1. No Last.fm support - I know that last.fm support has come and gone but it is key and most music servers have it integrated. Having a list  of an artists top songs and related artists is also an important feature.

2. The Android implementation.  Not being able to play local music and playlists through the app.  Also not caching music once it has played like Airsonic.

3. Recommendations Instant Mix.  I get very strange recommendations.  Browsing a Bon Jovi album "More like this" shows a Mozart album and instant mix adds songs that have nothing to do with the original artist.

4. Smart playlists.  Most music server/players implement this feature.

5. Sorting and filtering of music could be improved.

It feels as though music is often considered an afterthought and to be honest, it wasn't something I really looked at right away either but for me it has become more important.  I know some of these features have been discussed before in other posts but I thought I would add my 2 cents.

Thanks.

Edited by wedgekc

Hi.  I'm going to move this out of feature requests since, with it encompassing so much it would be impossible to use for single feature tracking and interest.  Also, much of what you requested already exists in other specific feature requests. If you find that one of your specific requests is not already covered in an existing one, please create another topic in feature requests with just that one item.

All are very good ideas and things we'd like to do.

Thanks!