Emby for Kodi - Duplicate Devices Showing on Emby Server Dashboard

DarWun

Angelblue05

I could use the mac address of the device. I think that should be available without an issue, right?

The infolabel Network.MacAddress

Then generate a hash from it.

Angelblue05

Did anybody actually bother to try what i suggested?

I did reply to your post. Data.txt does not contain the client id. You only needed to generate a new device id to resolve your issue.

We were just discussing how to avoid this issue in the future. Because you are not the first person to clone your setup and therefore end up with double devices.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@

Sorry, what infolabel are you referring to? I don't see drive id or any hardware id?

Edited by Angelblue05

• 1 month later...
DarWun

Luke how do we fix this? There's still only one device id, but there's no way to flush the old device id from the server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@Angelblue05 @@Luke   FYI I just updated to Emby Beta 3.4.1.21.  The Emby for Kodi plugin version installed on my rpi3 running LibreELEC with Kodi Krypton is 3.0.31a.  With this combination, I no longer have duplicate devices for the Kodi server showing up on the Emby dashboard.  I'm not sure whether the issue was fixed with the beta update of Emby or the plugin.0.31aKodi 3.0.31a

Angelblue05

Not the add-on, for sure [emoji4]

Did you try to restart Kodi to see if it persists? Looks like that version (or one right before) cleared auths. I had to re-enter passwords everywhere.

Edited by Angelblue05

DarWun

Not the add-on, for sure [emoji4]

Did you try to restart Kodi to see if it persists? Looks like that version (or one right before) cleared auths. I had to re-enter passwords everywhere.

@@Angelblue05 I threw in the ambiguity to credit it to the plugin update  :) but I'm fairly certain it was the beta server update that fixed the issue.  I've restarted multiple times (both the server and the kodi client), and since updating to Emby beta 3.4.1.20 I'm not seeing the duplicate devices on the dashboard.

I didn't have to re-enter any passwords.  The duplicate devices just stopped reappearing.  I'll post back if this changes.

Edited by DarWun
  • Like 1

horstepipe

We're not going to act like this is a supported scenario. It's not. Just click the button to make a new device ID.

Maybe in the future Angelblu05 can come up with a better place to store it.

I was not talking about a supported scenario. I was talking about that this could be used by badly brought up users to trick out their admins. They could share their account with multiple devices/persons without getting the attention of the admin.

Angelblue05

This can't be fixed. If Kodi provided a unique Id then I could guarantee the results. But Kodi doesn't. I've already done everything possible, went down a nightmare route for you horstepipe then had to reverse because there's really no alternative to the way things are done now. This cannot be fixed in the client. The end. I will not waste more time on this unless Kodi provides a unique id per install.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

horstepipe

This can't be fixed. If Kodi provided a unique Id then I could guarantee the results. But Kodi doesn't. I've already done everything possible, went down a nightmare route for you horstepipe then had to reverse because there's really no alternative to the way things are done now. This cannot be fixed in the client. The end. I will not waste more time on this unless Kodi provides a unique id per install.

I am very grateful for your efforts trying to accomplish a better solution and I am really sorry for the trouble you had!

I was now turning on @@Luke that maybe he can figure out a solution server side.