Not really hardware but

mediacowboy

SkyBehind

The terms of service and blocking a port are two different things. If you're worried about the terms of service, then regardless of being able to technically do it, you'd be violating the TOS.

The terms of service also say you can have a webpage per email address. That may mean hosting a page on their server, it may not.

Besides the ToS though, how do you KNOW port 80 is blocked. What I mean is what did you do to confirm that it is indeed blocked.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mediacowboy

The terms of service and blocking a port are two different things. If you're worried about the terms of service, then regardless of being able to technically do it, you'd be violating the TOS.

The terms of service also say you can have a webpage per email address. That may mean hosting a page on their server, it may not.

Besides the ToS though, how do you KNOW port 80 is blocked. What I mean is what did you do to confirm that it is indeed blocked.

i opened port 80 on my router and ran your test as well as pointed it to my internal server and nothing.

Happy2Play
"The Internet Service is provided for personal and family use within a single residential household. You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use, the Internet Service to operate any type of business or commercial enterprise or to use the Internet Service as an Internet service provider. You may set up one (1) Web page per e-mail account for personal use using the Internet Service, but you may not establish a web page using a server located at your home. You agree that you will not use, nor allow others to use, your home computer as a Web Server, FTP Server, file server or game server or to run any other server applications. Customer will not resell or redistribute, or allow others to resell or redistribute, access to the Internet Service in any manner, including by wireless means."

That is directly from my isp

That is a pretty standard residential TOS.  All the ISPs I have had only block port 80 though.  I haven't had one that ever blocked 443.

Edited by Happy2Play

mediacowboy

That is a pretty standard residential TOS. All the ISPs I have had only block port 80 though. I haven't had one that ever blocked 443.

Do you use docker or nginx?

SkyBehind

Do you use docker or nginx?

Not directed at me, but I had originally all my apps installed bare metal on Ubuntu 16.04.  I just rebuilt with Ubuntu 18.04, so I put everything in Docker.  For the reverse proxy though, I run Nginx on a separate router that I have acting as a switch.  I did this because I have other servers (like home automation) that I'd want access to in case my main server (the one with Emby) went down.

My Nginx isn't in a docker, it's native.

mediacowboy

Okay guy's what did i miss?

2018-04-22 04:52:19.682 Error App: Error creating roku thumbnails for The Original
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.3.1.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.119
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 2
	Program data path: /config
	Application directory: /system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/Media/TV/Westworld/Season 1/Westworld.S01E01.The Original-320.bif' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.UnixFileSystem.CopyFile(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath, Boolean overwrite)
	   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
	   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
	   at RokuMetadata.Drawing.VideoProcessor.<CreateBif>d__16.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at RokuMetadata.Drawing.VideoProcessor.<Run>d__7.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at RokuMetadata.Drawing.VideoProcessor.<Run>d__6.MoveNext()
	   at RokuMetadata.ScheduledTasks.RokuScheduledTask.<Execute>d__13.MoveNext()
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.UnixFileSystem.CopyFile(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath, Boolean overwrite)
	   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
	   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
	   at RokuMetadata.Drawing.VideoProcessor.<CreateBif>d__16.MoveNext()
	   at RokuMetadata.Drawing.VideoProcessor.<Run>d__7.MoveNext()
	   at RokuMetadata.Drawing.VideoProcessor.<Run>d__6.MoveNext()
	   at RokuMetadata.ScheduledTasks.RokuScheduledTask.<Execute>d__13.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException
	System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

This is the only docker I am having issue's writing files with.

Compose File:

emby:
    image: "emby/embyserver:latest"
    container_name: "Emby"
    volumes:
      - ${USERDIR}/docker/emby:/config
      - ${USERDIR}/Downloads/completed:/downloads
      - "/mnt/media:/Media"
      - ${USERDIR}/docker/certs:/certs
    ports:
      - "8096:8096"
    restart: always
    environment:
      - PUID=${PUID}
      - PGID=${PGID}
      - TZ=${TZ}

PUID = my user

PGID = docker

SkyBehind

does the user and/or group you are running under have access to /mnt/media and all directories/files under it?

sudo chown -R user:group /mnt/media

and does is have permissions under those

you can use "ls -l /mnt/media" to see what ownership and permissions are

mediacowboy

does the user and/or group you are running under have access to /mnt/media and all directories/files under it?

sudo chown -R user:group /mnt/media

and does is have permissions under those

you can use "ls -l /mnt/media" to see what ownership and permissions are

Yes, I even reran the command to be sure. IS PUID and PGID correct or should it be APP_UID and APP_GID?

mediacowboy

Update I believe I figured it out. I had to do a chmod -R 777 on /mnt/media. Once I did that I could write to those folder's.

SkyBehind

Yes, I even reran the command to be sure. IS PUID and PGID correct or should it be APP_UID and APP_GID?

With your compose file, the ${PUID} and ${PGID} is going to be the user and group that you're running docker compose from, so... are you sure the group is in fact docker?  Enter the command "id" and see what groups you are a part of.  You also wand to make sure your user is in the "video" group.

In addition to your compose file under environment, you want to add GIDLIST for groups video and docker (if you are using $PGID) or your user's group (if you are positive that docker is the PGID

SkyBehind

Update I believe I figured it out. I had to do a chmod -R 777 on /mnt/media. Once I did that I could write to those folder's.

It's because you didn't have permissions.  I'd try to get the right permissions before doing 777, that leaves the files open to anyone. While probably not a problem, it's not good practice.  Full disclosure, I just had to do 777 on my /dev/dri for HW transcoding, but I went through just about every other permissions angle before I was reduced to that.

I gave you the additional groups to add in my previous post above.

mediacowboy

Thank you for your help, @@SkyBehind.

I was looking at portanier and the emby docker. It was showing that I had the PUID and PGID but when I looked at the UID and GID it was still defaulting to 2. I then modified the compose to use UID instead of PUID and the GID instead of PGID. I also did as you recommended and added my user to the video group and put that in the GIDLIST. shutdown the docker and restarted it to have it update the permission. Add a new video and had it scan and it worked. 

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Now to remember adding all of this to my server when I switch from vm to real.

SkyBehind

Thank you for your help, @@SkyBehind.

I was looking at portanier and the emby docker. It was showing that I had the PUID and PGID but when I looked at the UID and GID it was still defaulting to 2. I then modified the compose to use UID instead of PUID and the GID instead of PGID. I also did as you recommended and added my user to the video group and put that in the GIDLIST. shutdown the docker and restarted it to have it update the permission. Add a new video and had it scan and it worked.

Sweet! I'm so glad you got it working. It's frustrating to get it right, but once you do, you're set for life, well at least for a little while [emoji3]

CharleyVarrick

I did something similar a year or so back. Granted I only had 16TB of data to move and my upload bandwidth was somewhat decent. Still took over two weeks non-stop if I remember correctly.

Wow, uploading 16TB in 2 weeks??? I have a little more than that and the last time I tried (6 different online backup services), I was staring at a year (or more) ETA (providing I had static data, which is far from the case).

My isp gives me unlimited 120/20, but I know they are working on docsis 3.1 with promise of much better upload speed (symmetrical?).

Edited by jlr19

• 3 weeks later...
mediacowboy

Well I bit the bullet and moved my server over to Ubuntu. I have also setup VAAPI with my i5. I can't believe how much of difference switching from windows to Ubuntu has made. Live TV almost starts instantly with no buffering issue. All the apps are snappier and smoother. Listed below is what I have installed. If anyone has any questions about anything I am using please let me know.

- Ubuntu 18.04

Software:

- MergerFS

- Cockpit

- Docker & Docker Compose

Docker Containers:

- Deluge

- Emby

- Emby-Beta

- Home-Assistant

- Lidarr

- Nginx

- Portaniner

- Radarr

- SabNZBd

- Sonarr

Edited by mediacowboy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
mediacowboy

No Docker Container for NzbGet?

Sorry never saw the post but no. I use Sabnzbd.

tdiguy

If you are running a headless system there is also a way to modify boot up so that it won't start up the desktop environment saving even more resources to be used for the actual tasks you are going to run.

mediacowboy

This is a headless system and does not have a gui installed. Running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS server. It is working better then I even thought possible. I have even double the amount of containers I am running. Some are play and some are production. I am loving this new setup and glad I did it.

For drive pooling I went with mergerfs which is extremely easy to setup. I did have to roll my lsi-9211-8i card firmware back to version 16 which took some time to figure out but has been stable and working now for a month.

• Like 1

mediacowboy

Well done. I don't think I'd have the patience, lol

Yeah some times it's easier to throw money at it. [emoji6]
  • Like 1

Guest asrequested

Yeah some times it's easier to throw money at it. [emoji6]

lol....I'm sure I don't know what you mean :D

• Like 2

Sammy

Sorta late here but I've never heard of Drive Bender before.

I have JBOD and think I should make it into something a little easier to manage but then again..

• Like 1