Not really hardware but

mediacowboy

mediacowboy

I do not have a backup solution per say. I back up new content to a USB and put it in another server off site. As I don't store anything personal on there for now I have not worried about it.

• Like 1

BAlGaInTl

I do not have a backup solution per say. I back up new content to a USB and put it in another server off site. As I don't store anything personal on there for now I have not worried about it.

Any recommendations for the redundancy/failover?

mediacowboy

Nope. It's just an off site back. I also have a temporary on site back in my gaming system/old server that I may make a permanent solution. Still deciding what to do as I would hate to be gaming and have someone streaming.

• 1 month later...
SkyBehind

I will try to get one up. Most of this is straight forward.

I have used SabNZBd since I started and just haven't used anything else.

I use to use Sab, you need to switch to NZBGet, especially if you have gigabit (or will eventually). NZBGet is much faster, I can saturate my gig connection.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
mediacowboy

Yall are going to laugh and I deserve it. My main computer and server where hit with ransomware. So I have spent the last week rebuilding and because I sent a zip of my config here it made life easier. I am now backing config up to amazon s3.

mediacowboy

I don't know how it happened. Of course my wife and 2 of my 3 kids play on the main computer.

mediacowboy

You could put Sophos Home Premium on your main computer. That has ransomware protection, and only $50/year

I will definitely look into that. Thank you.

CBers

Yall are going to laugh and I deserve it. My main computer and server where hit with ransomware. So I have spent the last week rebuilding and because I sent a zip of my config here it made life easier. I am now backing config up to amazon s3.

Not a laughing matter.

Hope you got it all sorted.

Is this your Linux server?

mediacowboy

Not a laughing matter.

Hope you got it all sorted.

Is this your Linux server?

The server was still good but anything shared from it with samba was attacked. Which was all my media. Lucky for me I had the off site back so I am restoring all 25+ TB. Which is slow going I have all my TV back and working on movies. Edited by mediacowboy

CBers

The server was still good but anything shared from it with samba was attacked. Which was all my media. Lucky for me I had the off site back so I am restoring all 25+ TB. Which is slow going I have all my TV back and working on movies.

Damn!!

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Nothing to laugh about, truly sorry for you, man.

Have you really been it on 2 computers, or did it spread from one to the other?

I see you just answered to CBers.

My main server is on 24/7 (although on sleep after 9pm), my backup server is only on long enough to sync and then shut down minutes later.

Still, when working with TB's of stuff, it does take forever to repair such a bummer.

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Here's link, for anyone interested

Sophos Home

I have used their free version for over 2 years, after being fedup/disgusted with constant nagging to go pro with Avast.

I"m a happy camper with Sophos.

Guest asrequested

I have used their free version for over 2 years, after being fedup/disgusted with constant nagging to go pro with Avast.

I"m a happy camper with Sophos.

The free version doesn't have ransomware protection. For only $50 you can use it on 10 machines and have better protection.

Overseer

The free version doesn't have ransomware protection. For only $50 you can use it on 10 machines and have better protection.

Their website has it for sale for $30 right now.