Emby crashes after starting the configuration

RRo100

PenkethBoy

ok

I have an emby user (actually disabled) this may be a legacy of using the early beta emby server from a few months ago @@Luke would have to confirm if its still needed - probably not

so does Emby still crash?

PenkethBoy

my settings are different

5ad0ba5995439_Capture.jpg

You were logged in as the Admin when you installed Emby?

[edit] Sorry just spotted you were doing the properties of a gif file not the embyserver directory

doing the same on _80.gif i get the same permissions

Edited by PenkethBoy

RRo100

yes crashes, look at the label of the buttons

5ad0bcef99619_1232018041316_19_23Emby.pn

I restarted emby again and now the buttons are ok, but emby continues to crash

Edited by RRo100

PenkethBoy

does it say anything in the syslogs on the NAS

can you post the log from emby?

what browser are you using?

Edited by PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

well there is no crash in the log

can you detail what you see when emby crashes?

the dlna error is harmless

RRo100

You are welcome to look at my system via fastsupport (is a remote tool)

that's all I see

5ad0bcef99619_1232018041316_19_23Emby.pn

Edited by RRo100

PenkethBoy

So if i understand you are saying its "crashed" because the setup wizard does not work?

RRo100

I install emby, then I wait a while. Then I open emby, the website opens and the wizard starts. Then emby crashes.

PenkethBoy

what you need to explain is what the "crash" is as nothing in the log you provided and just showing a screenshot does not give any info to me or Luke

IIRC you can cancel the wizard and set emby up manually from the dashboard

RRo100

Emby stops responding, the browser window freezes. When I reopen ebmy in Qnap App Center this message comes up:

5ad1e0d5be476_1112018041413_03_401921689

Edited by RRo100

RRo100

The log file in yesterday's post 4:40 is everything. The second start from the App Center nothing is written to the log.

In the LOG file "kmsg.1" i found the following entry:

[8215.878496] traps: EmbyServer [23820] trap invalid opcode ip: 7f32e5b702d4 sp: 7f32695c2dd0 error: 0 in libcoreclr.so [7f32e58e2000 + 39e000]

Edited by RRo100

PenkethBoy

no other than there is something wrong with your qnap setup or hardware - i would run a full filesystem check and a full smart test of all drives

one final thing you do have java script enabled in your browser and try without any chrome plugins

RRo100
5ad0a1bfe1463_2018041314_23_45NAS01.png

I had the system rebuilt because of emby. Then I will continue to use Plex ..

Thank you for your support.

PS: Apparently other users have similar problems. The error message is the same

Edited by RRo100

PenkethBoy

So possibly a .net core runtime issue and / or related to your j series intel cpu

LukeNukem

I have the same issue with same QNAP 453Bmini. Wizard is stopping after clicking next and if I reload the page it's not responding.

So if it's a problem with .net on this CPU the only option is to use the community version with qmono again? That was working fine.

Is there a way to install 3.3.1.0 with qmono? Community version isn't updated anymore as far as I know?

Aidsy75

Hi Guys, 

I can confirm that i have a QNAP 453B Mini and I had "Alot" of trouble getting emby running on it. My Server Logs showed no reason to crash and i was experiencing the exact same issue as RRo100 where it crashed as soon as i entered the startup wizard. I too had a error on teh DLNA devices and so i investigated and found the DLNA server in QTS and the DLNA Emby Service were clashing and creating lots DLNA registers on my other devices in my network. I found there were several things i had to do to get it working

1) Turn off the DLNA Server that is running with QTS via the Control Panel

2) Check your other devices / cleints and remove any EMBY DLNA registers

For me - with this on and the Emby server on by default they caused a clash and i had 10's of "EMBY" DLNA entries on some of my other devices. 

3) Install Emby and then restart the qnap box

4) Once rebooted, give the emby server 5 minutes to finish starting up and then login. 

5) You can turn on the DLNA Server that is a part of QTS once the Emby Server is up and running. 

LukeNukem

Thanks for your info, but did not work for me. Or I still have a dlna client that I did not remember which is interfering.

Qts dlna server is off in my station..

I will search the logs again later.

Aidsy75

Hey Guys, there was a firmware update released recently that seems to resolve issues with the bugged 4.3.3.537 firmware that QNAP pulled. It might be worth reinstalling emby then installing the firmware update and rebooting your box.