Force transcode on .strm

Croll12

Croll12

I can send logs later tonight when I get home. If I set a max bitrate then Currently it spins for a while and then the screen pops up ‘is there play back issues’. I hit yes and then it transcodes the file and finally plays. If I set max biteate to auto, it direct plays still.

Croll12

Player: Exoplayer

Play method: Transcode

Stream type: HLS

resolution: 1280x696

codec: H264

audio codec: AAC

channels: stereo

Bitrate: 2.83

Max bitrate settings: 3 Mb/s

Transcode reason: Direct play error

container: mkv

video codec: H264

video bitrate: 1.06 Mbps

audio codec: AAC

audio bitrate: 192.00 kbps

audio channel: stereo

Okay, so why do you think it is direct playing...?

Player: Exoplayer

Play method: Transcode

Stream type: HLS

Croll12

If I set the max nitrate to auto, the file plays instantly and is direct played. Displays such in server dashboard. If I leave the max bitrate at 3 Mbps (so live tv with force transcode) the wheel spins for 20 seconds and then prompts for video playback error. I select yes and it is transcoded. If it not possible to have it transcoded right away without waiting for the playback error message?

If I set the max nitrate to auto, the file plays instantly and is direct played. Displays such in server dashboard. If I leave the max bitrate at 3 Mbps (so live tv with force transcode) the wheel spins for 20 seconds and then prompts for video playback error. I select yes and it is transcoded. If it not possible to have it transcoded right away without waiting for the playback error message?

Sounds like it may be trying to direct stream it (which is what it should do and will accomplish the goal you are after) but it is failing to start.

Try this - When you get that dialog, try selecting "no" and waiting a bit longer.  Does the item start playing?

It does not start playing. Circle continues to spin forever.

Can you do that and let it spin for 60 seconds and then back out and send the log from the app (instructions in the link above) and post the server and any ffmpeg logs that go with the session you sent the log from?

Thanks.