Chromecast Connection Issues

Manifest
Go to solution Solved by Manifest,

Manifest

Hi all,

So I bought MediaBrowser3's android client app a month ago when I heard it would be getting Chromecast support. Since then I have been able to successfully stream things from my computer to the chromecast, and from my computer to the android app while I awaited the Chromecast android client update. 

I've just been trying it out now, and it doesn't seem to want to connect to my chromecast. I hit the icon in the top bar, it brings up the "Connect to Device" dialog and I select my device. The icon then turns blue in the top bar, before disappearing a second later. Anything I try to stream just streams to my android phone, and not my TV. Any ideas what might be causing this? I assume the disappearance of the icon means that the chromecast drops connection or something.

Thanks in advance.

Redshirt

That's bizarre. The state of that icon is defined by a google library and not my code. Does the same thing happen with the youtube, netflix, plex apps?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
Manifest

Just for reference, I tried it again this morning and it all seems to be working fine. Either a recent update has fixed things, or it was an issue with my Chromecast  that resolved itself in the last month.