MPC-BE as External Player Settings

DaSilva

Jdiesel

If you have Emby setup to use network paths you can enable resume from last point in MPC-HC. You won't get a prompt in ET and it will resume from the last point you left off when using the MPC-HC external player so it won't help you went moving between different clients.

shpitz461

Gotcha. I thought MPC-HC also has a web interface which allows it to be controlled externally, so maybe it can be 'integrated' into Emby as well at some point.

Sure, I think that's a good idea, but have not been able to make time for it. 

shpitz461

Thanks Luke, the only issue with internal player is 3D playback, any idea if it will ever be supported by MPV?

There are other free players that support 3D playback, potplayer and kmplayer, going to do more experimentation with them and see if I can get 3D MVC to work.

With MPC-HC and MadVR i get a green screen and the TV doesn't switch to 3D mode, it just switches to 24hz.

Edited by shpitz461

The only issue with internal player is 3D playback, any idea if it will ever be supported by MPV?

I'm not sure. You could try opening a ticket on their github repo and asking that question.

• 10 months later...
teddybear75

Does anyone using {MS} param?

When I enter it into external player param setting, I get an error when playing a movie saying the params are incorrect (in MPC-HC window outside of Theatre).

If I copy the command shown in the error and run it through commandline, the movie plays and resumes fine.

I have the params set as follows:

{path}

/play

/close

/fullscreen

/start {ms}

I always get an error message unless i remote '/start {ms}'.

Using latest MPC-HC x64 on Win10.

you have to use

/start
{ms}

{ms} is also a parameter, and yes its not obvious ;)

Thanks. MPC-HC worked fine with just {path}, but MPC-BE had some issues, but seems to be fixed now with those paramaters.

teddybear75

Hmmm, had some trouble whith subtitles in Emby Theater with mpc-be:

I get: "SubtitleCodecNotSupported 0" from mpc-be sometimes.

When i turn subtitles to "Off" in Emby Theatre, video usually loads fine (srt), and then i can load the subtitles within mpc-be and it plays fine, but when i tried to enable subtitles in Emby Theatre before playing video, i could not seek in the video at all, and got the "SubtitleCodecNotSupported 0".

Edit: MPC-BE works fine with subtitles when playing as external player with Emby Theater on the server pc (Emby server), but not on client Emby Theatre pc. Server pc even gives me the correct mkv filename in MPC-BE when playing video`s, but on client pc it just says Stream.mkv. Maybe its because the library is mapped on the server pc and not on the host, i dont know........

I will stick with MPC-HC on the client pc (seems to work somewhat better than BE), and MPC-BE on the server.

Edited by teddybear75

• 1 year later...
On 4/12/2019 at 3:42 AM, teddybear75 said:

Edit: MPC-BE works fine with subtitles when playing as external player with Emby Theater on the server pc (Emby server), but not on client Emby Theatre pc. Server pc even gives me the correct mkv filename in MPC-BE when playing video`s, but on client pc it just says Stream.mkv. Maybe its because the library is mapped on the server pc and not on the host, i dont know........

I will stick with MPC-HC on the client pc (seems to work somewhat better than BE), and MPC-BE on the server.

Did you find a solution? This stream.mkv issue on the client (emby theatre) PC was doing my head in, causing headaches with MPC-BE and subtitles.

I had deleted and re-added my TV_Series share after it stopped showing season folders in emby theatre; DB must have got corrupted somehow.

When re-adding the TV_Series share as "TV Shows", I forgot to add the optional shared network folder, \\TOWER\TV_Series. It didn't help that I needed to click on the folder in the "TV Shows" library to see that the network path wasn't there but the issue was solved as soon as I added it.

Just wanted to log this here regardless as it's one of the top results when I search for, "mpc-be" "stream.mkv"

teddybear75
On 31/12/2020 at 04:14, Br0d0 said:

Did you find a solution? This stream.mkv issue on the client (emby theatre) PC was doing my head in, causing headaches with MPC-BE and subtitles.

I had deleted and re-added my TV_Series share after it stopped showing season folders in emby theatre; DB must have got corrupted somehow.

When re-adding the TV_Series share as "TV Shows", I forgot to add the optional shared network folder, \\TOWER\TV_Series. It didn't help that I needed to click on the folder in the "TV Shows" library to see that the network path wasn't there but the issue was solved as soon as I added it.

Just wanted to log this here regardless as it's one of the top results when I search for, "mpc-be" "stream.mkv"

Nope, i ended up using Emby Theatre, v 3.0.14 is great :)