MPC-BE as External Player Settings

DaSilva

DaSilva

Hi, I’ve been looking the forum but I can’t find the thread with the settings for MPC as external player.

Right now I’m using the following parameters:

{path}

/play

/fullscreen

/close

Everything is fine with these except when I press STOP on my remote MPC just sits there with a black screen instead of quitting and going back to Theater.

When I manually close MPC Theater maximises again so that’s fine.

What can I do to make MPC close when I press STOP?

Thanks in advance.

Jdiesel

There should be a setting in mpv under the playback options to exit when playback stops.

Edited by Jdiesel

DaSilva

Sorry but I can’t find any option in Media Player Classic to exit when playback stops.

I thought the /close argument was supposed to do that?

Anyone else having problems with this or have gotten this to work?

What does the documentation of the close argument say? I think it just closes the app when the video ends.

Jdiesel

I'm using MPC-HC so I don't know if MPC-BE is any different.

In Emby Theater I have the external player setup with only {path} and no arguments.

In MPC-HC I have:

Playback -> After Playback -> Exit

Playback -> Fullscreen -> Launch files in Fullscreen

Player -> Keys -> Exit mapped to Backspace

I think your issue is that your are using "close" instead of "exit"

Edited by Jdiesel

hhb97b

I'm having issues with external playback every time I'm adding /<parameter>. Currently I can only get it to work with {path} anything else fails. If I use the same command line in a prompt then it works perfect.

hhb97b

forexample setup a external player to use mpc-hc and then setup the command line to "{path} /close" . Then play a movie.  The player opens but says the file can't be found. If I use the exact same syntaxt in a command prompt it works fine.

If I change the command line parameter to only contain "{path}" the movie starts playing. Any other combinations fails to start the movie.

Also I haven't had any luck with the {ms} option. I have looked in the logs but I couldn't find the specific command that the system creates.

daedalus

forexample setup a external player to use mpc-hc and then setup the command line to "{path} /close" . Then play a movie.  The player opens but says the file can't be found. If I use the exact same syntaxt in a command prompt it works fine.

If I change the command line parameter to only contain "{path}" the movie starts playing. Any other combinations fails to start the movie.

Also I haven't had any luck with the {ms} option. I have looked in the logs but I couldn't find the specific command that the system creates.

read again carefully what's written directly below the command line input field <_<

What can I do to make MPC close when I press STOP?

simply setting 'STOP ' to exit MPC-BE? :unsure:  in the key shortcut section of it's settings? :unsure:

/play /close only exits when reached the end of the file

Edited by daedalus

hhb97b

/close was just an example :). It wasn't because of the functionality like the thread creater. When /close is added to the command line the movie will never play, in my situation.  Also I not using mpc-be, I'm using mpc-hc.

My exit working perfect with the options setup in mpc-hc, but I haven't found away where I can use the command line options at all.

hhb97b

ok, I will try that

Update:

It worked. I would say that this is an odd usability compared to what all other programs does. I can see that there is a help text. I would probably put the help text about a new line in bold. But that's me. Perhaps make the command line 2 rows high as standard to signal that this field is multi-line

Thanks for the help

Edited by hhb97b

DaSilva

Ok a little update.

Setting the “STOP” command to exit mpc-be works a charm, thanks for that!!

But now when mpc-be closes I get Theater but I can’t control it with my remote.

I have to click anywhere on the screen with the mouse and then I can use my remote.

Any workaround for this please?

Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...
shpitz461

Does anyone using {MS} param?

When I enter it into external player param setting, I get an error when playing a movie saying the params are incorrect (in MPC-HC window outside of Theatre).

If I copy the command shown in the error and run it through commandline, the movie plays and resumes fine.

I have the params set as follows:

{path}

/play

/close

/fullscreen

/start {ms}

I always get an error message unless i remote '/start {ms}'.

Using latest MPC-HC x64 on Win10.

daedalus

you have to use

/start
{ms}

{ms} is also a parameter, and yes its not obvious ;)

Edited by daedalus
  • Like 1

shpitz461

Works like a charm, thanks for the clarification!

I do have an issue with play resume, this option no longer available when using the external player, is there any way to get it to work?

No because there is no way to get the resume point from the external player. All you can really use this for is resuming something that has already been started elsewhere.

shpitz461

Is there a way I can launch MPV with the problematic movie using different settings and see if anything solves the freezing issue I'm experiencing?

So how does it work with MPV then? MPV is external as well :)

Because Theater knows how MPV works, and is using an mpv api. External players are just generic program launchers.