Missing Channel Logos

xtremecool

xtremecool

I've recently added a HDHomeRun tuner to my setup so I can record some hard to find TV shows myself, but I'm having some issues with the channel logos not showing up in my guide.

I'm using Schedule Direct for the guide data, but I'm only getting a handful of channel logos showing up in the guide.

When I click on a channel with no logo in the guide, where the logo image should be is a 'broken link' icon instead.

If I copy the URL to the image that is showing a broken link icon, to a new browser tab and try to load the image, Emby crashes with nothing in the log relating to the crash.

If I copy the URL of a channel logo image for one that does show, no crash and it shows up as expected in the new browser tab.

I have tried refreshing the guide data many times, but the missing channel logos never turn up.

I'm wondering if there is a write permissions issue, when the guide data is being refreshed, but I can't seem to find the location the guide images, data, etc. is being stored.  If I find it, is it safe to delete the root directory for the guide images, guide data, etc. and Emby then recreate it with the correct permissions?  If not how can I clear out the whole of the Live TV guide data and start from scratch?

I have the log file from after a guide data refresh and a view of the guide in a web browser.  How can I get the log file to you without attaching it to the topic, as I don't want to leak any personal information to the forum?

J

xtremecool

Any guidance on how to nuke the LiveTV guide data and start fresh.

I initially tried using and XMLTV source for the guide data but it didn't give me what I wanted, so went down the SD route.

I'm wondering if the quick play with XMLTV has somehow broken the parsing of the JSON data coming from SD.

J

I'm wondering if the quick play with XMLTV has somehow broken the parsing of the JSON data coming from SD.

No this shouldn't be a problem. All you need to do is remove the xmltv guide data provider, then add schedules direct. please let us know if this helps. thanks.

xtremecool

No this shouldn't be a problem. All you need to do is remove the xmltv guide data provider, then add schedules direct. please let us know if this helps. thanks.

After removing all Guide Providers and refreshing, and then adding Schedule Direct back, it made no difference at all.

After a bit more of a look at this I realised the channels I'm not getting logos for had been found multiple times by the HDHomeRun, e.g. BBC1 is Channel 1 & Channel 5025.

I set Emby to only load the favourite channels and restricted the channels to the first 5 (1,2,3,4,5), i.e. BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 & 5.

Still no logos.

I then switched the favourites to the channels mapped in at 5000+ by the HDHomeRun, again only BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 & 5.  After a guide refresh logos appeared in my Guide.

A bit of a pain but I'm now going to restrict the importing of channels to only favourites on the HDHomeRun and hopefully after some trial and error I'll get all the channels I want and logos. 

The downer is instead of seeing BBC1 as Channel 1, it now shows up as 5025, and the same goes for other channels.  Any channel lower than 5000 will show up before these, so I'm going to have to favourite all the channels that I want first, in Emby, which is going to be time consuming.

Hopefully I don't have to do this again in the future.

J

xtremecool

To close this all off, I noticed there was a firmware update available for the Duo so updated it.

After the update some of the high mapped duplicate channels had disappeared, so I tried mapping the lower BBC1, BBC2, etc. channels, and I now have the correct channel numbers and channel logos.

Not really sure what happened but glad all the channels are now back in order, can all be watched and they all have logos.

J